• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Blown nipple.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Insulting people, name calling, and talking down to people. And others on this site agree with you? GREAT!
As my grandson might say, “slow your roll there Bob.” This is a great site. People from myriad backgrounds get along really well. Look around, meet a few people and see what you think of it before starting to rumble. Seriously.

Insulting people, name calling, and talking down to people. And others on this site agree with you? GREAT!
Knowing @andy52, several well qualified tool makers and the practices associated with total quality management, the quality of the repair is well understood and the correct practices were followed. This wasn't the first time andy52 drilled and tapped a thread. Once the repair is done, its not verified until the repair is tested.

Good job andy52.

Bad Karma,
When I first wrote on this topic I was only trying to help. He took my concern and turned it around and began a barage of insults and name calling and that I will not ignore. He relaxes, so will I. Thanks
Bob

A buddy of mine has been having problems with a Sante Fe Hawken blowing nipples. I checked the treads and they look sharp and clean. He uses standard 1/4x28 nipples which I assume are correct for that rifle, but if I'm thinking correctly some of the later guns may have been made in Italy and might have different threads.

I mean, if the threads on the female end look sharp and clean, and its blowing the nipple, then process of elimination tells you the threads are wrong on the nipples you're using. It needs to get sorted out before someone gets killed. That is a projectile flying rearwards just inches past your face. Call the manufacturer and give them a serial number and ask them for the specifications.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back