• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Blank Barrel

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I have a barrel that is 2.50"OD 1.50"ID bore and 36" in lenght.
I want to make a cannon with it and wonder if anyone has any plans for makeing a cannon?
Also what would be a reasonable powder charge for this size cannon?
This barrel has a seam. I will most likely only use it for noise making on the 4th of July. But want to have it look like a real cannonn wheels and all.

Thanks
Woody

i was told that if it has a seam in it watch out....wont hold the pressure....and depends on what schedule pipe it is....might work with blanks that aren't packed to tight....but don't take my word fer it please.................bob

Bob
I had another piece of the same barrel and made a make shif mortar tube out of it and with 400gr FF Goex it with stood that load for a 10 round test.
I may do a 800gr FF and put an extra long fuse ( to clear the area of shoot in plenty of time before detanation) to test proof it and then see what happens.
If it holds up to that, then what load I figure I will normally shoot in it should be safe.
I have another barrel in the garage somewhere??? If I remember correctly it is smaller , 1.5" od .75 bore. about 2' in length. These both are .50" walled barrels.
I got them from a steel mill who makes all kinds of stuff for the government/ Military. From submarine parascopes to crankshafts , to gun barrels for Navy Ships to mortar launchers ect.,ect.

Woody

Back