• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Blackpowder woodcock and snipe

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Forrest, that is just a stunning shotgun. The composition and light in your photo just makes it ever handsomer. I have not hunted Wilson's snipe in many years -- and never tried with a muzzleloader. Those are well-earned birds. Cynthia, the snipe are just a little bigger than robins, and the meat is as dark and rich as liver.

Cynthialee said:
Sweet!

So how do you cook them birds?

I always pluck them whole. Then wrap them in bacon, and either simply put them on the grill, or bake them in the oven over some wild rice. Bill is exactly right, the breast meat is dark. I think it is somewhat similar to wild duck (i.e. liver), but much more tender. There is nothing more than a couple little bites of meat on the legs and thighs, but they are wonderfully fatty and delicious, and worth the trouble of plucking the full bird.

Great equipment and what a nice bag of birds. I also hunt with old equipment sometimes so I can certainly appreciate your skill in "shooting flying". Nice job!

ricky said:
Forrest: A question. On your powder flask, is that sling made from white rope? Cotton? Thanks, Rick.

Hello Rick. Yes, it is just simple white cotton rope. About 1/4" I believe.

Mr Forrest, Sir, you say that it's a pleasure to carry, at 4 1\2 pounds. You are a master of understatement. Sheesh!
Some more pix and perhaps barrel dimensions would be... enormously...appreciated!!!
The Gun and extras are priceless! Thank you for sharing. Woodbutcher

click on Forest name...
click on topics

Heres the topic #(Topic#276605)
pictures there...William Non sporting gun

Latest posts

Back