• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Blackhorn 209 is back!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ewoomer79

32 Cal
Reaction score
I just ordered two half pound bottles of blackhorn and 209 for $67 plus some tax from Bass pro shops it's free to ship to the store but you have to pay hazmat to ship to your house trying to get it from Hodgdon you will pay additional $44 on top of an $80 price so $128 bucks for a half a pound Stick with Bass pro shops Just letting people know it's back I've been searching forever and many people have been ripped off by fake websites so just trying to help y'all out!

Appreciate it. I bought a can recently at Sportsman’s Warehouse. Painful paying $54 for less than a pound.

??

Real black powder can be had for roughly $25 a pound after hazmat fees if you buy 25 pounds. Why the heck would I pay that much for a synthetic powder that cannot be ignited by any percussion cap or flint firearm??

Aren't babies born naked?? Maybe you meant born with two heads?
That stuff must be magic at those prices for 1/2 pound. I just ordered ten pounds of black powder and with hazmat and shipping it was $26 a pound.
E573A964-43F8-4A9E-AB97-AC03FFBFA68A.jpeg

That stuff must be magic at those prices for 1/2 pound. I just ordered ten pounds of black powder and with hazmat and shipping it was less than $25 a pound.
I agree! 'Specially since that Blackhorn manure has a VERY high ignition temp that no percussion cap or flint firearm will ever ignite.

Blackhorn is smokeless designed for muzzleloading, that's why it only ignites with a 209 primer... Hence Blackhorn 209. AND... It's only a HALF POUND. Not just less than a pound haha. I've made my own version of this that ignites with a percussion cap (4 parts Autocomp 1 part 777... 200 grains AC with 50 grains 777) that's much cheaper but I'm sure I'll get blasted on the dangers.8 grains is perfect 10 is, I would say Magnum in my 1858 Remington.... Uberti I don't even use 777 anymore for a couple months I've been using this mixture and I don't even really need to clean them immediately like I used to because it's clean.

Back