• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Blackbuck Hunt with Traditional ML

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’m about to put some on the grill

921-EF32-D-17-BB-40-ED-BC21-BFD7-D4076001.jpg

thanks for the compliments

Never ate black buck but did kill a nice antelope in 2019, I was pleasantly surprised with the flavor very mild and tender, will go back this coming Oct. for them and hopefully mule deer. As stated a lot different from whitetails.

Many thanks for sharing and taking us along on your historical hunt. Well done and glad your son was with you and was successful, as well.

"I have a HECS suit under my buckskin jacket and pants, with moccasins and brown hat. I have a set of black goat horns attached to my hat. I am hoping to walk within a hundred yards or so of some blackbuck and then crawl right in among them like I am another animal. "

Several questions:

What is a HECS suit?

Did wearing horns on your hat work? What kind of animal were you trying to imitate?

HECS has carbon fabric woven into the fabric. It is the Faraday Cage principle (like the mesh on your microwave door). Your natural electrical field is contained so the animals think you are an inanimate object. I put two black goat horns on a brown Stetson to look like an immature antelope of some kind. It seemed to work. They did not look in my direction....

Black buck took a heck of a hit down here in this past week’s snow storm. Lots of other exotics didn’t fare well either. Pretty sad. Glad y’all got your hunt in before the storm hit.

Nice critters all!

Latest posts

Back