• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Black powder

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You will find it pays to buy a quantity...I usually do five lbs, to even out the shipping cost. Graff and sons carry much more than powder...before you order, check up on what other supplies you may need.

You will find it pays to buy a quantity...I usually do five lbs, to even out the shipping cost. Graff and sons carry much more than powder...before you order, check up on what other supplies you may need.
Exactly

The "hazmat fee" and "shipping fee" are set fees, so if you bought 1 pound of powder, that fee adds to that price. I believe the combined cost is now $36.45, so with just one pound you'd pay that plus the powder cost, a whopping $59.45 for that pound..., BUT if you bought 20 lbs. then that fee is divided among the 20 pounds, and makes the price per pound more like $24-$25 a pound. Much more reasonable, and why reenactment units buy powder for blanks in bulk cases, and get the powder for about $20.50 a pound.

LD

I have purchased from Buffalo Arms and Powder Inc, and have had no problems with either. Good folks to deal with. Be prepared to spend north of $30 a pound for small orders. You need to order a minimum of five pounds, any mix of Black Powder F to FFFF. Group buys, of 25lbs, are the most reasonable pricing point.

I’ve shot Triple 7 for a couple of decades, switched after the only gunshop with BP within 100 miles closed. Bill Knight got me started on Elephant 20+ years ago. I believe Swiss was next on the list, but Elephant was available and only 15 miles away, and a bit less expensive. When my radiation treatments are done, maybe a part time job at Costco will provide discretionary funds, for that and another blessing in the works.

Back