• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Black Powder

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Never understood why folks are so vocal about their dislike for fruitcakes. No one makes a person buy or eat one.

I've seen no fruit cake would stand up against my band saw and some home churned butter. Specially if F/C allowed to sit until spring when the old cove gets into the onion grass stinking up her milk /butter. Don't forgit ta knock the mouse poop offin the top of the cake. Storin cake that long might not be a good thing. My local saw bones says they is a tooth store down the road so ifin last years cake breaks off a chopper , it can be easy replaced , long as I have some wallet cabbage ta pay. Dunno 'bout that.

Never understood why folks are so vocal about their dislike for fruitcakes. No one makes a person buy or eat one.

Yes, but you might have to BE one to BUY one.
And, you are what you eat.

Just sayin'

Last edited:
FishDFly said:
Yes, but you might have to BE one to BUY one.
And, you are what you eat.

Just sayin'

Yep, some folks have to hate things for no real reason and then shout about it.

Saw 5 pounds of black powder for sale on a Texas forum for sale for $32.00 per pound, 2F and 3F.

I never cared for it, but it does have a shelf life about measured in glacial epochs. With the recent trend of long term calorie stockpiling (not new to me) I looked at maybe acquiring a few tins or maybe learning how to make it.

Well I'm waiting on my first black powder rifle threw mail."purchased from another forum member." Amd I've been trying g to find black powder and every where has been out of stock or backorder. Injust seen this thread and ordered 10 pounds of 2fg. Thanks guys

Back