• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Black Powder

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We just don't know what laws or E.O.'s are going to happen that may affect us, but the speculative threat of them is certainly contributing to the current shortage.

Storage life of Black Powder kept dry and under 150 degrees: indefinite. Black powder from the civil war is still good if it was kept dry. If my memory is right they test some powder from 1930 and compared it to new powder. They found no difference!

properly stored Black Gunpowder will last longer that a Collins Street Bakery fruit cake.
It's a Texas thing if you don't get it.
Load 'em heavy boys
They air 'a comin' for us
No joke
Bunk

You could always throw the fruit cake, I see it now disgruntled, ,lied too black powder gun fan out of desperation and ignorance throws fruit cake in exasperation over draconian gun laws. BAN THE FRUIT CAKE

properly stored Black Gunpowder will last longer that a Collins Street Bakery fruit cake.
It's a Texas thing if you don't get it.
Load 'em heavy boys
They air 'a comin' for us
No joke
Bunk

I thought Collins Street Bakery was the best fruit cake there was.

Wrong, neighbor gave me a Nieman Marcus fruit cake, it's head and shoulders better than Collins.

Obviously there are a lot of you poor souls that have never tasted a Collins Street Bakery (collinstreetcom) fruit cake.
Well it is a kind of Texas thing and I am not sure outlanders are ready for it but it is worth a try.
You will not be disappointed
Since Nieman Marcus is RIP Collins Street remains.
Lock and load
Bunk

Fruitcakes are the ultimate cruel joke. Nobody likes them and they last forever. Why can't something that actually tastes good last that long? :dunno: 😄

Fruitcakes are the ultimate cruel joke. Nobody likes them and they last forever. Why can't something that actually tastes good last that long? :dunno: 😄
Because it actually gets eaten instead of passed off at Christmas parties and unsuspecting front porches in the middle of the night like an orphan or giant zucchini.

wm

Last edited:
Well, I admit I hate fruitcake, period. As for powder, nothing wrong with having a good supply on hand. But buying and hoarding out of fear is what drives shortages.
Thank you for making this statement. You are absolutely correct. It applies to all reloading supplies. Explains why I can’t get primers. Glad I have a pound and a half of Unique for my “other gun”

Just cleared the house for a complete interior reno.
What unmentionable supplies I stashed outside in a POD startled even me.
I keep supplied regardless of politics or anything else. Good trading stock if nothing else.
I really do need a freaking bunker.

wm

Last edited:
Fruitcakes is one of those things you either really like or don’t like. I really like homemade fruitcakes, especially with a hot cup of coffee. Store bought fruitcakes, not so much. A hunk of fruitcake is always a good thing to take with you when you go out into the woods!

Latest posts

Back