• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Black Powder

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is against policy to discuss making black powder. But I can say from experience it isn't worth the trouble. Getting good quality powder is difficult. I made some sixty years ago and while it would make firecrackers it was to inconsistant for rifles.. Just buy it and get good stuff!

Sign up over at castboolits and you can find out all you want to know about makin’ yer own powder.

Used to be a high school project, and Danial Boone et al knew how to make it.
Any thing you can do by hand is eaiser to buy, but we who ml like to do stuff for our selfs. However this is something not worth doing yourself.... in time or personal risk.

Yes you can make your own BP but there is a steep learning curve and to get home made BP to match commercial stuff takes a lot of effort along with a fair amount of danger if you don't pay attention to detail.

I've made some because it was on my bucket list but recommend just going out and purchasing it.

If you are really interested the 150 page thread over at castboolits has the most comprehensive information available and is worth reading.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back