• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Black powder

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ran some quick maths. It looks like I need to order 7 lbs of the powder from Graf before it comes out ahead of what I paid locally. (6.78 was the break even number)

That and I short my local blackpowder economy, making it appear that there is no local market.

Well, you said you bought the last of the local powder. Sooooo I don't think its a fair comparison to what you are used to paying if there is no more to be had locally.
I bought the last of what 1 shop had, I am going to hunt up other local-ish supplies.
I just moved here, so I don't really know what is available or where. The one shop I bought out was not a blackpowder shop. I don't think they had a single traditional muzzleloader there.

Mine is being delivered tomorrow.:)
Item #NamePriceQuantityTotal
GRBP3FGRAF BLACK POWDER 3F 1LB 25/CS$16.595$82.95
Fixed-Rate Shipping$9.95
NRA Donation$0.62
Hazardous Materials Fee$12.50
Estimated Sales Tax$4.98
Total$111.00

When did you order?

I see where they are shipping non Hazmat orders from April 22 right now and Hazmat is delayed further.

I ordered some non Hazmat stuff from them in early April and it took about three weeks for shipping.

At that time they were out of most black powder outside of some 1F. I see now where they have restocked and are in stock on almost everything except Swiss, which they are still out of in 1F, 1.5f, 2 F, 3F and Null B.

Maine Powder House, another good "mailorder" source, seems to have plenty of Schuetzen, but is out of Goex other than a small supply of Old Eyensford, and has 2f Swiss but no 3F

If you cant find black powder here in pa you aren’t looking very hard just about every gun store has goex we even have it at some hardware stores in our area.

Fixed-Rate Shipping$9.95
NRA Donation$0.62
Estimated Sales Tax$4.98
Total$111.00

NRA donation, I don't think so, that is just another tax.

I support the NMLRA,

Fixed-Rate Shipping$9.95
NRA Donation$0.62
Estimated Sales Tax$4.98
Total$111.00

I had to search long and hard drive an hour there and an hour back to a gun shop to get black powder for the price that you have shown here my hat's off to you sir.

At about 22 per you paid less than I did. Pretty sure I'm going to go this route next time I need a large black powder reorder.

If you have a local hardware that sells firearms they might stock black powder. There is one near me that does. One reason that not many stores sell black powder is insurance. The store near me had to build a brick storage structure separate from their main building. It's not a big structure but it wasn't cheap either.
It seems the insurers differentiate between black and pyrodex, as most local gunshops do carry the latter.

I ordered 2 pounds of Old Ensyford 3f from midway usa last month. I think the hazmat fee was 9 dollars and shipping was 12? Something like that. I got my order in a week.

Last I checked Deer Creek Products had Powder 3F Goex was $375 a case and 3F Olde E was $400 a case. When you add shipping and Haz Mat its still a good economical way to buy powder. I Keep my legal limit on hand and when I get down ten pounds or so I restock. I have also taken to putting purchase dates on bottles that do not have it on them and rotating stock using oldest first. I store my powder safely in a detached shed and do not intend on being caught without primer and powders ever again. For those who have the means to keep powder and primers(unless flintlock) stocked I encourage them to do so. With the modern gun world in a mess I know I can pick up a traditional gun any time I want, go to my range and shoot till my hearts content.

Latest posts

Back