• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Black powder vs Zombies

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There was a TV show back in the 70's called The Equalizer about an English chap righting wrongs here in the US. One episode had him trapped in a cabin by bad guys, and he methodically stripped the heads of matches into a muzzleloading pistol, a flintlock I think. I was intrigued by this, so I tried it myself. Strike-anywhere matches. It actually did work. I don't remember if I used black in the pan or not, but the main charge (of match tip stuff) blew a wad across our field!

(I just checked and apparently the series was on in the 80's! Man, memory sure is fallible...)

Last edited:
Laugh about Zombies & black powder at your own risk. They're coming; it's just a matter of when the hammer falls. :eek:

There was a TV show back in the 70's called The Equalizer about an English chap righting wrongs here in the US. One episode had him trapped in a cabin by bad guys, and he methodically stripped the heads of matches into a muzzleloading pistol, a flintlock I think. I was intrigued by this, so I tried it myself. Strike-anywhere matches. It actually did work. I don't remember if I used black in the pan or not, but the main charge (of match tip stuff) blew a wad across our field!

(I just checked and apparently the series was on in the 80's! Man, memory sure is fallible...)
That series was called "The Equalizer" that starred Edward Woodward. My wife was addicted to that show and now Denzel Washington has made two movies of "The Equalizer". Great movies and superb acting.

That series was called "The Equalizer" that starred Edward Woodward. My wife was addicted to that show and now Denzel Washington has made two movies of "The Equalizer". Great movies and superb acting.
Edward Woodward played the 'ghost of Christmas present' in 'A Christmas Carol' with George C. Scott. His best line (to Scrooge about Tiny Tim) was, 'It may be in the sight of Heaven that you are more worthless and less fit to live than MILLIONS like this poor man's child!' Edward also played the lead role as the constabulary officer 'Howie' in 'The Wicker Man' which is on it's own level with Cristopher Lee and Britt Ekland'. By the way, zombies don't scare me half as much as obscure, fanatical religious adherants like those portrayed in the Wicker Man. ( No offence meant to the inhabitants of Summerisle, who graciously allowed the filming).

I've never seen the show except for a few excerpts. Arent Zombies slowmoving creatures? They should be fairly easy targets, but how do you kill something that is already dead?

I've never seen the show except for a few excerpts. Arent Zombies slowmoving creatures? They should be fairly easy targets, but how do you kill something that is already dead?
If you follow the zombie craze - there are fast zombies and slow zombies...

In TWD, you need to destroy the brain (even though the brain has decayed) by stabbing them in the head. How they get a knife blade to penetrate the skull as easily as cutting a cake is a mystery to me. Go figure - scientific inaccuracies in popular movies...

But no I dont follow the show.
White noise for the brain that is mildly amusing for an hour.
It is more a commentary about what happens to society under difficult circumstance. Though I'm not sure how many of the zombites have picked up on this...

[QUOTE="Black Hand, How they get a knife blade to penetrate the skull as easily as cutting a cake is a mystery to me. Go figure - scientific inaccuracies in popular movies...[/QUOTE]

Zombies and Zombies followers are know for their spot heads.

Having never seen the show you got me curious. Does the show adress things like "where is my next meal comming from"? Shortages of any kind, or does it dwell mainly on Zombies.

Having never seen the show you got me curious. Does the show adress things like "where is my next meal comming from"? Shortages of any kind, or does it dwell mainly on Zombies.
All of the above and more - past seasons are on Netflix.

As mentioned - a commentary on what happens when society breaks down...

Last edited:
Does it have to be a knife to the brain or will a lead ball to the head suffice?
Shooting them in the head with a bullet, arrow or bolt does the same, as does smashing the head with a rock, log, hammer, car or any other object.
How does one destroy a brain that has already melted to stinking goo and leaked out....?

Back