• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Black Powder TV

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skychief

69 Cal.
Reaction score
Consider this a shout-out for Bob McBride's channel on YouTube. Great stuff. It's like hanging out with a buddy shooting on the back yard range. Keep it up Bob and thanks for the Skychief Load mention. That caught me off guard! :ghostly:

Best regards, Skychief.

PS, I'd be keen to watch you shoot some birdshot patterns with your 60 caliber smoothbore pistol. Say a ten yard shot at a turkey head/neck target would be more than interesting to me!

Keep them coming and I'll keep watching!

Thanks Skychief! I can't tell you how much I appreciate it. I haven't tried your load but it is in the works and I plan on a video on the subject so it'll make an appearance I imagine. I'm tickled about your description of the channel, "like hanging out with a buddy shooting on the back yard range" as that's exactly my approach, and I hope, though I've posted a few things that I plan on updating with a little better info, I'm happy with how it's going and how I'm improving.... It's a lot harder than one would think, shooting and videoing simultaneously....I'm surprised I haven't dry balled yet, for example, but I like to upload days on the range that I'm not at my best shooting wise, as that's they way it goes sometimes.

I'll get the Kettenburg pistol out again in the next few days. I had planned on shooting shot out of it but, like I said above, keeping it all together is a chore sometimes. I'll do exactly as you suggest, a 10y at a Turkey Head target.

Thanks again,
Bob

Been watching his videos for a while and really enjoy them. Apparently he lives just down the road a few miles from me so I hope to give him a visit sometime in the near future, should be very interesting! Keep up the good work on the videos Bob!

Hey Bob, this was another great video!!! Really appreciate your taking the time and effort to video and post this request. Thank you!

Loved every minute, but especially the part about using the pistol if a guy's gun runs off and a turkey stumbles by....Classic!

Thanks very much. You should have a larger following soon. Keep up the great work.

All the best friend, Skychief.

Not only is the video content good but the picture and sound quality are perfect too. However, I'm very jealous of his rifles. My collection consists of a Great Plains perc and my new Pedersoli Kentucky flintlock.

Great videos. I soak up any and all information I can get. I watch builders build, shooters shoot and gunsmiths......well SMITH! I've probably saved myself a bucket of money and a box of bandaides with the stuff I learned here and on YouTube. Thank you one and all.
Neil

Back