• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Black powder turkey tale

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dhaverstick

40 Cal.
Reaction score
If you all have some time to kill, here is a link to a turkey hunting story I just had published on Drury Outdoors Deercast website. I hope you enjoy reading it at least half as much as I enjoyed living it. My goal is to show the world that a feller doesn't need a $40 box of shells and a shotgun that looks like it ought to be in Star Wars in order to kill a turkey. It's a steep hill to climb, but somebody's got to do it!

Feathers and Flintlocks

Darren

Good story and congrats on your birds, will not be able to get out this year as the wife just had knee surgery and I am the nurse, turkeys, mushrooms and trout will have to wait until another spring.

If you all have some time to kill, here is a link to a turkey hunting story I just had published on Drury Outdoors Deercast website. I hope you enjoy reading it at least half as much as I enjoyed living it. My goal is to show the world that a feller doesn't need a $40 box of shells and a shotgun that looks like it ought to be in Star Wars in order to kill a turkey. It's a steep hill to climb, but somebody's got to do it!

Feathers and Flintlocks

Darren
That was such an enjoyable story…I look forward to more of your woodland adventures.

Feathers and Flintlocks

Darren
Is the link down?

Feathers and Flintlocks

Darren
Thanks for sharing this. I will have to work on getting a little more range out of my smoothie Tree Hawk.

Back