• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Black powder shortage

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have you bought your ball mill yet?

I got mine, plus everything else I need is either in hand or on order. I still have a reasonable supply of commercial powder on hand but I can see the writing on the wall. I predict that it will be a while before commercial powder is readily available again, and when it is prices will be substantially higher, perhaps double or more. That's what happened to the primer market for those of us who reload modern gun cartridges. I see a lot of parallels.

I was down to a couple of pounds of 2 and 3F, I found a place that had it but because I only bought 10# the hazmat and shipping bumped the price up to $30 a pound. I don't care, I suspect this price won't be all that bad when Wano takes over, has no competition and can set any price they choose.

This place had it, I don't know if they still do.

https://www.addictedtoblackpowder.com/back-powder/
At 74 and my shooting days being less and less, I can't see sights and cataract surgery isn't warranted yet. I probably have a lifetime supply with about 20# of various stuff ( I over bought on 1F for my fowlers years ago).

If any European powder ever makes it over, the vesuvit, Czech powder is as good as anything below swiss, will work perfectly in anything, been using it in all my flint and percussion guns for a good few years now, can't fault it in any way.
Question: What is the name of this Czech powder. Where do you purchase.
Thank you Doc,

I don’t shoot a lot of 2F but I am getting ready to shoot my 54 renegade for deer season this year. Had to open another container of my vintage powder as I like to shoot the older stuff first. This was the next can in line wish these days would come back Sure glad the Gentleman who gave me this powder Took such good care of it over the years.

Attachments

• F19FDC9A-8C2B-4E3F-A0D2-A96A33A18F19.jpeg
    F19FDC9A-8C2B-4E3F-A0D2-A96A33A18F19.jpeg
    87.4 KB · Views: 29
  • 361CB4FE-DA0E-4EEE-BCCF-15985BBDFD80.jpeg
    361CB4FE-DA0E-4EEE-BCCF-15985BBDFD80.jpeg
    92.6 KB · Views: 34
I was down to a couple of pounds of 2 and 3F, I found a place that had it but because I only bought 10# the hazmat and shipping bumped the price up to $30 a pound. I don't care, I suspect this price won't be all that bad when Wano takes over, has no competition and can set any price they choose.

This place had it, I don't know if they still do.

https://www.addictedtoblackpowder.com/back-powder/
At 74 and my shooting days being less and less, I can't see sights and cataract surgery isn't warranted yet. I probably have a lifetime supply with about 20# of various stuff ( I over bought on 1F for my fowlers years ago).
Eric, many thanks. Crater Fireworks now has a 5.5# bag of FFg headed my way. Good folks to do business with!

I don’t shoot a lot of 2F but I am getting ready to shoot my 54 renegade for deer season this year. Had to open another container of my vintage powder as I like to shoot the older stuff first. This was the next can in line wish these days would come back Sure glad the Gentleman who gave me this powder Took such good care of it over the years.

hey, i have had them, 2 and 4f. it was about 2 or 3 years ago that i emptied them out(while ML). i don't shoot bp much, but i have 2 1/2+/- lb of 2f and 3/4+/- lb of 4f.

i used pyrodex pellets while i was shooting my inline(15+ years years ago), but it was like using a centerfire rifle. last year, my eyes weren't that good so i left muzzleloader season. but i have glasses now and ML season is where its at.

waiting for europe to bail us out, you might have to wait
https://www.breitbart.com/economy/2...3k8oWzmeJanK-AlTcPJ6EHA5V6SCV5N8Ks1Swqfj1-5J8

Back