• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Black Powder Shops Near Tampa?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Critter Getter

45 Cal.
Reaction score
Anybody know of any? My Mother fell and broke her hip so I am spending an extended time down in the Sunshine State helping tend to her. Thanks! Greg. :)

Greg,
That's a shame about your Mom. Hope she recovers well, and soon.
There's not much BP activity these days on Florida's West coast. You may already be aware that the Alafia River Rendezvous is getting started this weekend in Bartow, FL. It's not too far from Tampa. If you check their website, you can find the "public" day(s) on the schedule where they allow folks who don't play their "pre-1840 game" to drop by.

Thanks so much for the kind words about my Mother and the information about the rondy! Sounds good. Greg :)

CroitterGetter:

Make a point to visit the Alafia "public" day Saturday the 21st. It is right on SR 17 in Bartow just a few miles East of Tampa.3000 living history/reenactors and Florida's Number 1 muzzle loading Club, The Florida Frontiersmen. PM me if you would be interested in attending a NRA Muzzle-loading Instructor course the first weekend in February near Punta Gorda.

I got on their website and signed up for update from them. Wow, I had no idea that rondy was that big!! I used to take part as a vendor at the Praire Du Chien rondy in Wisconsin. That was the biggest one I have seen. I look forward to attending this one!! Thanks for the suggestions folks! Greg. :)

Curator, do you know if Dixons or Tip Curtis sets up at this rondy? Any other major players in the BP world set up there? I and the wife will be there next weekend! Greg. :)

Just came from the rondy. That was a lot of fun and I and the wife scored on some alligator hide to make projects with along with a couple of nice knife blanks. Good time and worth the time to go and meet some very nice folks! Greg. :)

Tip Curtis has been a regular at the Alafia for many years. The vendor mix changes from year to year but some stalwarts reappear like clockwork. Not to many muzzle loading events in mid-January are this much fun. Great place to shop for living history supplies. The Florida Frontiersmen is a very successful M/L club because of their top-notch shooting range and the camaraderie of their rendezvous.

These guys have a VERY nice shooting range indeed! I spoke to some gentleman at the shooting registration building and they told me they have around 400 members in their club, which I find amazing, and the event drew 1340 buckskinners this year. Although Tip wasn't there I did find several tents that did have one or more black powder guns for sale and a very wide selection of other goods for sale. I came home with a tanned alligator skin to use for some future projects. That is something this Iowa country boy can't find just anywhere! Greg. :)

Back