• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Black powder shooting`s getting ex-Pen-SIVE!!!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Flintlock anything seems difficult to find. Yet that’s the way to go. Save the caps for other rifles

Also don't be so quick to blame everything on "someone's agenda". Some forums don't allow politics because they always devolve into a real mess and forum administrators, mods etc. get sick of dealing with it.forum.
I agree with you but if a forum allows one point of view and bans any post that is not in step with their agenda it is wrong.
I thought DeeTV,s post was giving a reason why cost has gone up so much? I agree with him being this is what he was eluding to? I wasn't meaning this forum I was talking about ,Face Book Twitter and the rests of the one-sided sites. If politics is a problem make a site for people to battle it out if they so choose. Sorry if my original statement was taken out of context?

Last edited:
"As other have mentioned it's not just shooting supplies that are hard to get. Sadly, it's the times we live in."

Try to buy canned biscuits!

I agree with you but if a forum allows one point of view and bans any post that is not in step with their agenda it is wrong.
I thought DeeTV,s post was giving a reason why cost has gone up so much? I agree with him being this is what he was eluding to? I wasn't meaning this forum I was talking about ,Face Book Twitter and the rests of the one-sided sites. If politics is a problem make a site for people to battle it out if they so choose. Sorry if my original statement was taken out of context?
OK. It's certainly true there are many places on the internet that do have an agenda and posters who don't toe the line are dismissed out of hand as Trolls or banned outright. This place does have a dedicated subforum for politics. It's for supporting members only though.

I just came home from Deercreek Gun Store in Marietta, GA, where I paid $50 for a pound of 1.5 f Swiss; $40 for a pound of 2f Schuetzen; and $18 for a tin or #11 percussion caps.

Oh well; it's only money!
We've been paying a little less than that for Goex 2f can't find percussion caps, no bueno

I think I will stick to making my own Thanks. 72lbs of powder $65nz . Ticking $17nz a meter, lube olive oil $10 a litre, Round Balls Free, Caps well $17-$20nz a tin of CCi #11 or $1nz for 72 toy cap gun caps, whoever said I was cheap was probably right.

Agree with earlier post - small investment in alternate nipple sizes (even HORRORS different ignition system) can keep smoke rollin' when others can't. Even a set of alternate-sized nipples for a pistol is, to me, a good investment (and a relatively small one).

Some really good quality commercial M/L's have offered flint/percussion conversion set ups to enable switching without the cost of a whole gun. At the end of the day, it's about having fun.

Squirrels don't care if I'm shooting at them with a custom-made, silver mounted, historically correct, 100 yard minute-of angle work of art or a pieced together Frankenstein oddball (and neither does my basset hound). Muzzle loading's not the cheapest sport, but it doesn't have to be expensive, either. Have fun your own way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back