• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Black powder pistol need identification

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Herbert Berry

32 Cal
Reaction score
I was sent this picture of a black powder pistol and didn’t have any information about it can someone Identify it.

Attachments

• 4F1C5A78-5087-4385-9803-DFF472480029.jpeg
    4F1C5A78-5087-4385-9803-DFF472480029.jpeg
    77 KB · Views: 117
Not a pepperbox, looks more like a small single shot pocket pistol... which the Allen company did sell, I have seen several at various collector shows over the years

IMO, the pistol is a pocket or muff, bar hammer pistol, possibly made by Allen & Thurber in the 1840's. If it was made by Allen or Allen & Thurber the name of the company on the barrel.
It's also possible that the pistol was made by any one of dozens of other companies during the 1830-1860 time frame. Almost all of these pistols will have the makers name stamped on them.

In 2007, Flayderman's Guide to Antique American Firearms said a Allen & Thurber pistol like this in good condition was worth $200-$500.

I only got that picture nothing more than wants $300.00 looks like a gambler gun or lady pocket gun. I do appreciate all the information so far

Latest posts

Back