• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Black Powder on Road Trip

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lamonta

32 Cal.
Reaction score
we are taking a road trip at the end of the month. May need to pick up some blackpowder on the way. We will be travelling through Northern CA, Bakersfield, CA; Phoenix, Tucson, Los Vegas, Reno. Do you know of any "for sure" retail sources? Only interested in 2F or 3F blackpowder, not substitutes. Thanks

There have to be more, but the only fer shoor I know about is The Gun Works there in Springfield/Eugene just off I5. At least they carry it, whether or not they have it in stock at this moment. But coming from Oregon you probably already knew about them. Seem to recall it's available around Tucson too, but someone local will have to chime in for that area.

Sierra Gun Supply in Auburn CA is where I buy Goex. They always have a good supply. No website but you can call 'em to be sure.

2131 Grass Valley Hwy, Auburn, CA 95603
(530) 823-9113

Given the date of your query, this reply is probably way too late. However, Second Amendment Sports on Rosedale Highway in Bakersfield and The Gun Store on Sierra Highway in Lancaster are the only two sources I know of to purchase black powder on your route.

Back