• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Black Powder/muzzleloaders in VT

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can purchase black powder in Vermont? I’m in the NEK, so Coos County NH would work also.

ideally I’d like to find a shop that sells muzzleloaders as well, but so far I can only find in lines and modern stuff.

Does anyone know where I can purchase black powder in Vermont? I’m in the NEK, so Coos County NH would work also.

ideally I’d like to find a shop that sells muzzleloaders as well, but so far I can only find in lines and modern stuff.
If you are where I think you are, the only place I know for sure is almost 3 hours away. Trader John's Gun Shop, at 600 Keene road, Winchester, New Hampshire
That's even further than my drive to get there.

Thanks! I was trying to avoid shipping/hazmat fees. I also prefer to support small/local shops. I enjoy shooting the bull with people and getting to know people who know a lot more than I do. Doesn’t seem like I can do that without traveling. Thanks for the info, I’ll try the Maine powder house.

If you are where I think you are, the only place I know for sure is almost 3 hours away. Trader John's Gun Shop, at 600 Keene road, Winchester, New Hampshire
That's even further than my drive to get there.
Trader John and his wife have both made their journey and the shop is closed till children get all the licenses to open up.

Thanks! I was trying to avoid shipping/hazmat fees. I also prefer to support small/local shops. I enjoy shooting the bull with people and getting to know people who know a lot more than I do. Doesn’t seem like I can do that without traveling. Thanks for the info, I’ll try the Maine powder house.
I just got powder from there too, she said they have plenty.

Oh no! Really? How long ago?
It has been a couple years since I've been up there.
I hope their kids cab keep it going, and without changing it much.

Thanks for letting us know.
It was a few weeks ago. She went 1st and then he passed 12 days later. Her son told me that he had applied to get the proper licenses, ffL stuff, to keep it going. Meanwhile he's SOL to sell anything.
I had just been in there getting a few things the day before she passed. Both seemed in good spirits then.

It was a few weeks ago. She went 1st and then he passed 12 days later. Her son told me that he had applied to get the proper licenses, ffL stuff, to keep it going. Meanwhile he's SOL to sell anything.
I had just been in there getting a few things the day before she passed. Both seemed in good spirits then.
Thank you. Even though I hadn't been up in quite a while, this news saddens me.
Please, if you could, let me know when their son has it running again.

Funny memory. The very 1st time I went there was in the middle of winter many years ago. He initially struck me as a "cranky yankee" straight from central casting. He warmed up slowly. Actually reminded me a lot of a couple of my uncle's from the Berkshires. Funny part was that he had his wife out there with the snow rake taking snow off the roof.

Thank you. Even though I hadn't been up in quite a while, this news saddens me.
Please, if you could, let me know when their son has it running again.

Funny memory. The very 1st time I went there was in the middle of winter many years ago. He initially struck me as a "cranky yankee" straight from central casting. He warmed up slowly. Actually reminded me a lot of a couple of my uncle's from the Berkshires. Funny part was that he had his wife out there with the snow rake taking snow off the roof.
I'll try to remember to let you know when they open. It may not be for months depending on licensing.

Latest posts

Back