• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Black Powder, Is there a shortage?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That reminds me of one time when I caught the ferry to Shelbyville. I needed a new heel for my shoe. So I decided to go to Morganville, which is what they called Shelbyville in those days. So I tied an onion to my belt, which was the style at the time. Now, to take the ferry cost a nickel, and in those days, nickels had pictures of bumblebees on 'em. "Gimme five bees for a quarter," you'd say. Now where were we... oh yeah. The important thing was that I had an onion on my belt, which was the style at the time. They didn't have any white onions, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big yellow ones...

Seriously though, the crazy political stuff we are seeing is the reason there is at least a percieved, if not actual shortage. Sadly, it is on topic. People are scared, and for good reason.
Did you bring your walking bird?

I got email from Fed-Ex my 10lbs is arriving today! $22.90 a pound with all shipping, taxes, haz-mat etc. I need flintlocks so I am gonna buy a Kibler real soon! Looking at a Colonial .58 but cant decide on rifled vs smoothie.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rule #42 from The Rules: "Members may not discuss the making of black powder or post links to web sites that offer instructions for making black powder."

'Nuff sed.

wm
I didn't say how to make it or give links to how to make it I just said I make my own and it's cheap and it's a good thy for people to didn't realize they had done away with free speech on here too. I did not give any formula for making it. Did not know that just bringing up Black powder was not allowed.

The forum can get sued, shut down and/or all of us on here regularly can get put on an FBI watch list if we screw with that particular rule. If the Govt men didn't regulate it I'm sure we would all be dabbling away. The rules are for our benefit and I personally think the moderators/owners do a great job on letting what goes thru go thru and Sh__ canning what needs to be . Kinda petty to bring up freedom of speech IMHO🇺🇲

Woody, I understand the site is a private issue, and agree certain things should not be discussed whether to legal, liability or other such issues. but FREE SPEACH WILL NEVER BE ADMONISHED. better folks than you or I Have made the ultimate sacrifice too insure that, sure the moderators can and have deleted issues, We are living in difficult times and best protect every constitutional right we have. I agree with azmnman.

The forum has the right to "Admonish" free speech. Admonish means "to warn or reprimand someone". It also has the right to remove or edit any posts made on it by its members.

The forum has rules members agreed to when they joined us even if they never took the time to read them. For those who haven't read the forum rules, here is a link to them. Please read them all.

https://www.muzzleloadingforum.com/threads/forum-rules.108881/
We don't discuss making black powder on the forum because the forum doesn't want to have anything to do with someone killing themselves. There is no reason to discuss this further.

Thank you for posting that Zonie. The OP was just about whether you can FIND it these days. I ordered a goodly supply from Powder Inc a few days ago (after I started this thread) and got an order confirmation, but the charge hasn't hit my card yet and no shipping confirmation. Maybe they're just taking orders and don't have supply on hand? I've never ordered from them before so have no experience with them.

Last edited:
There is legislation to consider, and then there is the large payment clearing, processing and financial firms to consider. Even if they don't formally criminalize "online" sales, it is effectively outlawed if (for example) nobody can pay for it through their bank. There is a considerable level of Gleischaultung at work over the last several years. I've read by the time Termites are discovered, it's almost always too late. Gotta be fast.
Thank you for introducing me to a new word. I have just finished watching "1944 LANGUAGE DOES NOT LIE". An interesting film for our times.

Just got a notification that Powder Inc. is out of 2Fg, but are taking back orders. They apparently still have 3Fg. Expect 2-3 weeks before they ship though.

I ordered some powder from Graf a couple of months ago, and I was surprised they had any even then.

I can't believe there are still people slumbering through all that is going on and now wonder "what's going on? Why can't I find ammo???"

It truly is a shame that muzzle loaders are affected by this craziness. I enjoy shooting every chance I get and it definitely makes me limit my shots when I do get to shoot. My local muzzle loader store will get a shipment in, (powder and caps) and be gone in a day or so if you cannot get by to grab a can. I pour my own round balls but I’m sure lead will be the next shortage item lol

Everything is in shot supply, and more than likely eventually non-existent. Control the supplies along with draconian gun control measures = no guns.

Back