• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Black eye

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got to keep your wits about you, just a couple of weeks ago I let a few friends use my range for practice. They are all experienced muzzleloaders and something happened I've never seen before. One shooter had a flash in the pan waited the proper amount of time, rolled his rifle lock up, and was checking his flint. He did some adjustments to the flint cocked it and dropped the hammer (cock) hot spark went in the touch hole and the gun fired with no primer. The gun was pointed at the ground and I have to give him credit for that.

The Last Picture of Gandpa
View attachment 171563
1667154988164.png

Of course Doris. I had my laywer draw up the documents yesterday and I signed them. Your the sole benaficary of all my money and property in the unlikely event of my demise. So lets drop the subject. Ok darlling?

Got to keep your wits about you, just a couple of weeks ago I let a few friends use my range for practice. They are all experienced muzzleloaders and something happened I've never seen before. One shooter had a flash in the pan waited the proper amount of time, rolled his rifle lock up, and was checking his flint. He did some adjustments to the flint cocked it and dropped the hammer (cock) hot spark went in the touch hole and the gun fired with no primer. The gun was pointed at the ground and I have to give him credit for that.
That happened to a buddy of mine at deer camp. Camping in a state park open to deer hunting. We were camping in teepees, wall tents and tin teepees. Him and His son were in a wall tent. His son was moving his long rifle and was laying it on a cot when the cock snagged on a blanket and released it causing sparks and a big hole in the side of the tent, it was smokey in there for awhile 😀. The ball traveled at a horizontal angle as can be imagined. We don't know where the ball ended up but there were a lot of campers around and no one was hurt. Most of them came a running thinking someone got shot. Again no powder in the pan. One can never be too careful.

I attended a civil war reenactment last week in Iowa. I was paying attention to one of the main characters for the "other side" and couldn't believe what I saw.
During the skirmish he dropped the load capped it and fired, the cap just popped. So he thumped the gun on the ground and looked down the barrel then recapped and it fired. Why did he look,? WTH are you looking for a black eye? Happened All within 3 seconds.
Thankfully no embers. I've seen 5 sec hang fires before. It could have been an end to the educational part of this and a permanent eye patch.

Gotta think
Some folks have lots of issues, troubles, bills, life disappointments, etc, and there is always away out……

That happened to a buddy of mine at deer camp. Camping in a state park open to deer hunting. We were camping in teepees, wall tents and tin teepees. Him and His son were in a wall tent. His son was moving his long rifle and was laying it on a cot when the cock snagged on a blanket and released it causing sparks and a big hole in the side of the tent, it was smokey in there for awhile 😀. The ball traveled at a horizontal angle as can be imagined. We don't know where the ball ended up but there were a lot of campers around and no one was hurt. Most of them came a running thinking someone got shot. Again no powder in the pan. One can never be too careful.
Another example of why a hammer stall should be on the frizzen at all times in camp on a flint lock.

Yeap and everybody but them is the reason they have those problems " it ain't my fault".... ;)
You just never know....without knowing, eh. Most on the edge don't blame anyone...they seem to just feel that they can't deal with their situation/problems. If they finally go over the edge, it's friends and families that suffer the result, but, they don't seem to comprehend that.

You ever notice that on any thread, that the tracks get blown up and the train derails ?
And here we accuse 2 year olds of having a short attention span.🤣
:doh:

That's about as lame brain as what I saw once too.I watched a kid once stall his 4 wheeler.He gets off.Looks at a couple things.Reaches in his pocket and gets out his bic lighter and removes the gas cap wavering the bic above it to see the level of the gas inside.....ha ha.

That's about as lame brain as what I saw once too.I watched a kid once stall his 4 wheeler.He gets off.Looks at a couple things.Reaches in his pocket and gets out his bic lighter and removes the gas cap wavering the bic above it to see the level of the gas inside.....ha ha.
And in the future it votes OMG!!💥

I saw 2 guys trying to pull a ball with a range rod and screw puller. One of them held the rod to his stomach and pulled with the other guy pulling the rifle. The range officer stopped them. They finally got it out and yes, there was powder in it. Where’s the 2x4?

Latest posts

Back