• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Black bandits

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the nursery rhyme went {Four and twenty black birds baked in a pie } these were just the breasts of young rooks killed before they left the nest ,later in the breech loading period a small bore rifle came on the scene which was known has a rook rifle which was used to shoot the young rooks has they sat of the branches around the nests before they were strong enough too fly
Feltwad

I remember a story my grandfather told me about the great blizzard of 1888 in the city of New York. The blizzard was so bad that when they finally started to dig out many of the work horses were frozen standing up in front of their carts. After several days the food started to run-out and the residents couldn't make it out of the city. The area was so cold that hundreds of blackbirds were found scattered dead and dying around the buildings and on top of the snow. My grandfather said that they had to eat the blackbirds for several days until things got back to normal.

Cobra 6

Last edited:
A friend and I shot crows while in college whenever we could. Usually, people would let us hunt their land for crows when they would refuse permission for anything else. On occasion a homeowner would ask for some of the bag. We gladly gave them all but a few. We had to keep a few to show our wives we hadn't been sitting in a bar or chasing skirts.

I have often wondered how those folks cooked up the crows.

Back