• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Bison

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd love to take a bison with my 58 musketoon.
About 10 years ago a local hunter brought about 100 lbs of bison meat to the PD. He was going again and he emptied his freezer before going.
The meat was vacuum packed, about half was ground.

I ended up with about 80lbs... some of the best meat I've eaten to date.
Congrats, enjoy your blanket/robe.

Beautiful bull! That blond shaggy mane really shows him off. If I killed one like that, I'd have to get it mounted regardless of the cost. :thumb:

Very nice, sir!

I drew for the Ft Pecks rez last year and tried my .58 with PRB at 100 yards. Bull shrugged it off and got away with no blood. Ended up harvesting with modern rifle on another bull.

By the will of the gods, I drew again this year. Crony'd the PRB load and it went below 1000 ft lbs. at 50 yards. The Minies I picked up look to be up to .020" too big, so no-go on cronying those. I'm leaving on Friday, so no time for a TOW or Midway order. Looks like modern for this season again and a good prayer that I draw again soon. Gives me more time to work up a proper conical load.

Last edited:
Back