• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Bison Sausages

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Made these today.

Bison
Bacon 30%
Dried Apricots
Dried Elderberries
Marjoram
Black Pepper

Tasted very good, surprisingly very mild, nothing stuck out in flavor, all blended nicely.
IMG_2898_BisonSausage-1000.jpg

IMG_2899_BisonSausage-1000.jpg

Yes please 😁

Will these be cured, smoked/cooked and dried, to be eaten like sujuk, soppressata,or summer sausage? Or grilled and eaten hot like Italian sausage or kielbasa?

Thanks!
Letting them sit over night to blend, figured just fry them. -25c and 10" snow so no bbq. Would love to smoke them but still have not built a smoker.
Have done some wild meat jerky/biltong.

The French trappers during the Rendezvous Era would cut up buffalo into cubes along with fat- about the size of dice, I think wild onion and salt as well and they would stuff all of it into the large intestine, making "Boudin" that they charred on hot rocks. So, PC.

It sounds like you made bison meatballs with a unique flavor combination. The addition of bacon, dried apricots, and dried elderberries would add sweetness to the meatballs, while the marjoram and black pepper would provide some savory notes. I highly suggest serving it with spicy sausage dip. It's interesting to hear that the flavors blended together nicely and were mild. It's possible that the bison meat itself had a mild flavor, which allowed the other ingredients to shine through without overpowering the dish. Overall, it sounds like a delicious and creative recipe!

Thanks!
Letting them sit over night to blend, figured just fry them. -25c and 10" snow so no bbq. Would love to smoke them but still have not built a smoker.
Have done some wild meat jerky/biltong.
Biltong looks so good I still want to make some. Did you use Coriander seed in yours ?

Looks great. Recently I’ve had my antelope done in chorizo. Something different besides sausage. However, bison meat is one of the best in my opinion

Looks great. Recently I’ve had my antelope done in chorizo. Something different besides sausage. However, bison meat is one of the best in my opinion
Antelope Chorizo, now that's something different . Did you mix the Antelope with another meat ?

Latest posts

Back