• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Bismuth shot

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After checking prices on bismuth, I've decided to shoot up the steel I have on hand. I'm a firm believer on Hevi-shot and bismuth for my "unmentionables" but, on a fixed income, it's simply too high for me. If the ducks will decoy in close, I'm ok with steel.

No doubt that I can kill ducks with steel. My problem is with using the plastic shot cups and reloading efficiently. What’s your location John
N.E. Missouri (Hannibal area). My waterfowling has pretty well gone by the wayside in recent years due to deaths of hunting/fishing friends, bypass heart surgery, and predictable life changes - retirement, moving to our farm and relocation to Florida of my best waterfowling bud, Layout boat trailer tires flat, decoys gathering mud daubers, and my black lab (Magnum) died. Woodies on my creek and longshot possibility of passing geese in fields will be about "it" for me now. Wade n' shoot would have me joining the "hat floater club" before I got the decoys set. Anyway...I have turkeys to scare yet this fall and have never killed one with my flint fowler. Not complaining since at my age every morning I wake up and not see the underside of grass is a gift.

Back