• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Birdshot pouch

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did you use some kind of sealer on the seam or a liner of some sort maybe? Looks great.
Just tight double needle stitching. I’m very novice at leatherwork, but I didn’t feel the need for an adhesive. I don’t have a tracking tool for even lines, otherwise it would’ve been more uniform. It should work fine in my shooting pouch.

I googled i
thank you for the reply on the item.

I will be using lead shot in it. BISMOUTH is for use on salt water marshes', I beleave where no lead can be used?
t in and it would not come up. JON LAUBACH's daughter..

Other than the old one Greenswlde shows most of these seem needing to be carried in a bag. The Italian ones with Scoop chargers' as sold' are hopeless but by making a new Y shaped soft leather bag affixed to a suitable leather belt these hang charger down with no tendancy to go horizontal on you.
I made & found this the best plan. I wear my powder flask on the right hand side trapped a bit by the shot' Y ' snake ( for want of better term )on the left. And Col Hawker ( Noted historical shooting writer ) thought the scoop charger the best sort . Better ones have the built on cut off device as does my Italian one .These generally get called 'Irish chargers' in original catalogues but if these are common scoop or the cut of sort I am unsure . I did carry in addition a soft leather' Pudding bag' with a few shots of BB in case I was after a fox but generally went with number 5 shot both these sit just below pap hieght so the chargers sit just above the waist .

The old ticking open top waist bags where a pipe bowl served to load your shot I have not tried, nor have I used oakam for wadding. The double ended flip top chargers are handy if you just want a stroll not much expecting a shot but I know of non offered today but are nice to put in a gun case .
Rudyard

Back