• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

WITHDRAWN Birdseye Maple handled Scalper/patch knife

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Two Feathers

62 Cal.
MLF Sponsor
Reaction score
Howdy folks, Two Feathers here:

I've got a well built, sharp, ruggedly simple knife, at a good price.

It’s a beautiful Scalping or patch knife with a Birdseye Maple handle. The price is $160.00 s&h with insurance.

The knife is 9.25” (9-1/4”) long. It has a 5-5/8” long by 1-1/4” wide 3/32” thick 1095 Carbon Steel blade with a convex grind. This knife is scalpel sharp!

The handle slabs are Birdseye Maple. They’ve been sealed, waxed, and polished for maximum eye appeal and comfort. They’re held on with (6) 1/16” Solid Brass pins.

The sheath has been “painted” in the Parflech style of the Native American Plains Indians. I’ve removed a bit of the color to give the sheath a faded, aged, look. The sheath is made of 6 oz. veg, tanned tooling leather. It has a 2-5/8” long belt or sash slot. It has 2 rows of stitching. The first is an X stitch all along the outer edge of the sheath. The second is a short line of saddle stitching along the inside edge of the belt slot. This short row of stitches helps strengthen the belt slot and keeps the welt tight. There is a welt to protect the stitches from the cutting edge. The sheath is signed and has my logo stamped on it.

This one will get you some looks at your next shoot, rendezvous, or just sitting in camp around the fire. This knife is as PC as I can make it. It'll make a great hunting, camp, or field dressing knife also. Don't miss out on this one of a kind knife from the shop of Two Feathers.

If interested PM me.

As always, thanks for looking.

God bless:

Two Feathers

Attachments

• Scalper with Parflech sheath 001.JPG
    Scalper with Parflech sheath 001.JPG
    132.8 KB · Views: 141
  • Scalper with Parflech sheath 002.JPG
    Scalper with Parflech sheath 002.JPG
    140.4 KB · Views: 169
  • Scalper with Parflech sheath 003.JPG
    Scalper with Parflech sheath 003.JPG
    141.6 KB · Views: 170
  • Scalper with Parflech sheath 004.JPG
    Scalper with Parflech sheath 004.JPG
    143.1 KB · Views: 138
  • Scalper with Parflech sheath 005.JPG
    Scalper with Parflech sheath 005.JPG
    129.2 KB · Views: 108
  • Scalper with Parflech sheath 006.JPG
    Scalper with Parflech sheath 006.JPG
    159 KB · Views: 101
  • Scalper with Parflech sheath 007.JPG
    Scalper with Parflech sheath 007.JPG
    140.3 KB · Views: 90
  • Scalper with Parflech sheath 008.JPG
    Scalper with Parflech sheath 008.JPG
    151.8 KB · Views: 71
  • Signature card 001.JPG
    Signature card 001.JPG
    114.3 KB · Views: 67
Howdy folks:
Due to increased material costs and shipping, my knives are not getting a price reduction! My work is already priced as low as I can make it and not lose more money. I'm sorry if this offends the people who expected me to drop my prices. Like other crafters here, I make the very best products I can and I charge accordingly. I realize that inflation is a big factor and I appreciate all who have been hit by it and remain my loyal customers. Hopefully as soon as the economy turns around, things will improve for everyone? In the meantime, thank you for your patronage and I look forward to continuing to serve you.
God bless:
Two Feathers

I have bought from Two Feathers. He doesn't charge enough for the quality and service he provides.
SOLANCO:
Thank you buddy. You may be the only other person who realizes that? I appreciate your comment and the time you took to post it.
You've been a great customer. Perhaps in the future we can deal again?
God bless:
Two Feathers

Home crafting rarely brings a handsome profit in the long run. Most crafters do not charge enough making it difficult for others to get a fair price for their stuff.

Home crafting rarely brings a handsome profit in the long run. Most crafters do not charge enough making it difficult for others to get a fair price for their stuff.
Rifleman1776:
Hello. I'm NOT offended, BUT I AM thoroughly confused??? Are you telling me I need to charge MORE for my knives/wares, that aren't currently selling?? Thereby making it easier for "manufacturers" to sell for a profit, while making it yet harder for me to make sales, or am I not considered "in their league"? I don't look at myself as a "home crafter;" however I don't consider myself a mass manufacturing concern either. I try very hard to keep the original ways; PC/HA look and quality to my products, without becoming that " mass manufacturer."
Again...not offended, just confused? Do I belong on some other website? Thank you my friend. I always look forward to your comments.
God bless:
Two Feathers

When I read or hear this sort of comment I always wonder what people requesting a price reduction would say if their boss asked them to work for $2.00 an hour less for a couple of days
flconch53:
I am not sure WHICH comment you refer to, Mine or Rifleman1776's?
In either case thank you for commenting, and yeah I wonder that too? :dunno::thumb::doh:
Happy Memorial Day.
God bless:
Two Feathers

Howdy folks:
I'm in shock that this knife is still here. I guess a lot of others are too.
It still needs a home. I was just at the PO and the guy there told me that shipping charges ARE going up again shortly. Anyone looking for a good deal had best jump on this befotre I relist it at a higher price.

Howdy folks:
I'm sorry, but due to lack of interest, this knife is no longer for sale on this website. If you have an interest in the future, PM me to see if it's still available?
Thank you:
Two Feathers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back