• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Birds Eye Stocked Flintlock I Just Finished

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bruce, I trust you are never going to take your new rifle out to shoot .. Just think how you would feel if you took a tumble and broke that Beautiful piece of timber?? Nice wood is nice but that is stunning..OLD DOG..

Oh yes it will be shot and in fact has been shot and is going to get shot again today. So far it has about 20 shots through it. I at least test fire every rifle I build. I want to make sure they function correctly and group well. This one was built with the intention of it becoming my personal small game and match rifle. The only way I can see if it fits that purpose is to get out, shoot it and see how we get along.

I will be starting another similar rifle this coming week. It is going to be a Mule Ear 40 caliber in an exceptional piece of curly maple.

Got to shoot it some more this morning including at 100 yards. It still likes that same load that I tried the other day and it is accurate.

The rifle is too light for my taste and shooting style. It will be listed with full details in the "for sale" forum in just a short while. I wish this one fit me better, but it does not. I do build/sell practically full time and will move on to the next one. I know I will never get another piece of wood like this, but someone is going to get a rare piece. Wish me luck and again - Thanks for all the compliments.

If you had done extensive inlays or carving they would have gotten lost in the gun. You did it right by making it as you did. The nose cap treatment is particularly interesting, and tastefully executed.

If I could have a dream rifle, you have created it.

I saw one on another forum which was similar, I missed getting it because I was out of town.

Rabbits and other small game will literally jump into your path for the honor of being taken by that gorgeous piece! Paper targets in someone else's shooting lane will be jealous!

Back