• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

BIRD CARVING HACK

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Loyalist Dave

Cannon
Staff member
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
OK campers, here is a "hack" for folks making a whole bird or a breast, that they later plan to carve into nice slices. This is for Turkey, Goose (you Brits pay attention) Duck, and anything from the chicken family....,

REMOVE the wishbone before any other prep!

All those cooking shows, TV commercials, live presentations where the chef is slicing lots of sliced pieces off the roast turkey or chicken, BUT when you try it at home you only get a few slices, and can't seem to get the knife to make any more nice portions...but there is still plenty of turkey breast left...it because the bird being carved by the Pro has been HACKED and the wishbone was taken out before the rest of the prepping, and the cooking. ;)

TURKEY CARVING.JPG

This was revealed to me by a chef, and I tried it and YEP, makes ALL the difference.

Here is a video, and the first 1:35 of it covers removal of the wishbone. In the video the chef takes the easiest method and removes the whole cooked breast, to then slice it, but if you want to do it like the above photo the wishbone removal is also the full hack!
Turkey Carving Demo

LD

Back