• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Bill to ban Lead Ammunition in Maine

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So every kid who is "caught" hunting rabbits & squirrels with a 22 LR will be fined, as well? Ain't no "non-lead" option for 22's. Seems to me there is no jail time or punishment other than the fine, so I would just keep shooting lead & take my chances.

So every kid who is "caught" hunting rabbits & squirrels with a 22 LR will be fined, as well? Ain't no "non-lead" option for 22's. Seems to me there is no jail time or punishment other than the fine, so I would just keep shooting lead & take my chances.
I beg to differ, sir: CCI’s Green Ammo
I use the stuff and it actually works pretty well. Reasonably accurate too.

wm

They better bring the test kits into the woods with them. My one round ball in a deer every year is far less harmful to nature than Buba's 6 pack ring every night ending up on a sea turtles neck. Not to mention the plastic bag it came home in or the monster truck pollution from driving to the store.
No way Maine is ending up like California.

Don't under estimate the guy I think is behind this. He has devoted his retirement life to getting all things hunting banned. When one scheme fails, he launches another. He has tried ending the moose hunt, ending bear baiting, ending bear trapping, banning hunting and trapping on State lands, and a whole gaggle of others.

He may not even be the culprit on this one, but he is dedicated and a real pain in the backside to the State DIF&W. I would recommend sending a letter or email to your local elected official and maybe even the Governor. I don't think she will sign it, but who knows in today's climate? If you write, email, or call, be polite and state facts. Let the anti's spread the disinformation.

So whats a traditional round ball side lock muzzleloader hunter to do?

I just received these to try. They are made of Tungsten/Matrix.

Attachments

• 54RB2.jpg
    54RB2.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 105
Please keep political parties out of posts made in this thread.
As long as we discuss the issues and not the politics behind it we won't have a problem.

If politics raises its ugly head I'll start deleting posts. Believe it or not, I really do not like to remove peoples posts so no, "Republicans", "Democrats", "Commies" or "Green" comments or mention of politicians by name.

I just received these to try. They are made of Tungsten/Matrix.
How expensive are these? and can the home caster make his own?

I hope this proposal goes nowhere. What is the justification for it? Are there Condors in Maine, if so I have never seen one and to my knowledge they don't live in this area.

Last edited:
Back