• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Bill Large Barreled Rifle. Need information

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello, not sure what we have here. Hoping someone can shed some light. Barrel is stamped W M Large. Bore is bright and shiny, looks very fast twist. Not sure on the caliber, going to slug it later. No other markings, except for 3 little marks on the bottom of the barrel. Stock is very thick and squared off, not slender or refined. 2 pins instead of lugs, but is otherwise Hawken style. Very heavy barrel and gun. Probably around 13 #'s. The furniture is iron and also thick and unrefined. Not sure if it was from a kit. I'm thinking early 70's. No JJJJ markings on the barrel like Bill Large's later ones... That is why I think early...

Attachments

• hawken1.jpg
    hawken1.jpg
    123.9 KB · Views: 27
  • hawken2.jpg
    hawken2.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 23
  • hawken3.jpg
    hawken3.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 19
  • hawken4.jpg
    hawken4.jpg