• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Bigfoot Moc questions?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coehornboy

40 Cal.
Reaction score
I wear a size 15 to 16 shoe, depending on the fit. Believe it or not, I was able to find reasonably priced civil war boots, but have not seen any mocs in big sizes. I have thought about making some, but do not know about where to find patterns, etc.

My fear of just "sizing up" a smaller pattern is that they will not hold up once built; Anyone who is plus-sized understands that you just can't add more cloth to make 2x or 3x (or larger) size clothes, they need to be reinforced in seams, etc.

Has any fellow "sasquatch" out there made their own mocs, or can you recommend someone who can make a pair that will withstand the abuse that us big guys hand out to our footwear?

Get a copy of "Craft Manual of North American Indian Footwear". There you'll find all sorts of good patterns with measuring and cutting instructions. Being a big guy, and hard on footwear, you'll need to invest in some really heavy-duty chrome-tanned leather for the bodies of your mocs, and consider using the heaviest latigo you can find for the soles. That's how I make my own, and I'm just a little guy, but my mocs wear like iron!

dad gum son. it's gonner take two cows to make them mocs! let us know how it turns out.

Carldyermoccasins.com They'll make any size you need and have many different styles available and tough. I have a pair that I wear and had re-soled twice that I bought in 1975. Some might think that their not really PC, but many wear them! They usually have an ad in MUZZLEBLASTS!
I wear a size 14

Rick

Last edited by a moderator:
Back