• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Big Ted and the geese.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is a
Not to worry about feeling bad, he actually sent 3 people to the ER when they attached him . Tough ole goose indeed. Funny, they are domestics here in the states.
AMitch
There are very close domestic relatives for sure.
No doubt wild eggs were taken and hatched and over time breeds developed.

Great post, @Britsmoothy ! You could write some shooting stories for the hunting column in Muzzleloader magazine. I think I've read at least one from Australia, and one recently about a hunt in Argentina. Your stories would be very well received. We Americans tend to insulate ourselves in some ways. It would be great to get more blackpowder hunting stories from the rest of the world.

That's a really good photo of the bird, too. Did you take it?

Notchy Bob

Great photo and beautiful birds. Its been years since I've hunted geese, but, the anticipation of watching and listening to them coming in low is unforgettable. Thanks for sharing and the extra info.

All the best, Skychief.

brit, your geese post got me to thinking of past eastern shore canada hunts, there is nothing like setting out the spread in the dark, getting in the blind with the labs and your best friend awaiting the lift with the first rays of dawn, the dogs sense that it is about too happen you can feel them tense as they sit up against you, the first flight is always the best for me as they come too the set with wings cupped too the call, the guns going off and if your fortunate a folded goose in the spread, like a flash the lab is on him proudly brings it back lays it at your feet and patiently awaits his reward, now on the other hand you miss a good shot and the dog looks at you with that how you manage that look. Gun smoke,wet labs and feathers now there s a good time for you.

Great post, @Britsmoothy ! You could write some shooting stories for the hunting column in Muzzleloader magazine. I think I've read at least one from Australia, and one recently about a hunt in Argentina. Your stories would be very well received. We Americans tend to insulate ourselves in some ways. It would be great to get more blackpowder hunting stories from the rest of the world.

Notchy Bob
Ohhh I don't know about writing for a magazine, I don't do anything that interesting.
Yes sir I took the photo of the goose.
I often carry a bridge camera.

Notchy Bob
Bob most times it does not happen that way ,in the past I have wrote several articles for different magazines some have been printed but some have not only to find that those that have not are printed some time later by a regular author using your article also prints and information ,Now I only print the odd one .
Feltwad

These last few days have seen some big skein's on the move mostly greylags has I am writing I can hear another big skein going over flying out to their feeding grounds
Feltwad

AWW Britsmoothy you are killing me ! i just watched a wing of Greater Canadians go by the Hospital window, headed to the river.
GOT TO Get OUT of Here:ghostly::ghostly::ghostly::ghostly:
i Live on the side of a mountain above 7000 acre wild life management area. Ducks, Geese ,Pheasent, Grouse of three kinds, wolves, elk moose ,lions, and both mulies and white tail.
and here i lay sucking on o2!
Smoothy you have a open invitation to come over the pond and show me how to hit those big ones with a charcoal burner.

AWW Britsmoothy you are killing me ! i just watched a wing of Greater Canadians go by the Hospital window, headed to the river.
GOT TO Get OUT of Here:ghostly::ghostly::ghostly::ghostly:
i Live on the side of a mountain above 7000 acre wild life management area. Ducks, Geese ,Pheasent, Grouse of three kinds, wolves, elk moose ,lions, and both mulies and white tail.
and here i lay sucking on o2!
Smoothy you have a open invitation to come over the pond and show me how to hit those big ones with a charcoal burner.
You promise me to get better soon!
You have my permission to use what ever you can when you get out and send me the photo.

Seriously, get well soon.
N.

Back