• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Big ole' busty.....

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
....Bess was at it again today but this time with another twist!
The recently acquired lead haul also contained some new unloaded 22 long rifle bullets! What's a feller to do? Give them to old Brown busty Bess (BBB) that's what!
She gobbled 20 rounds of them in one go. Heading for 2oz on 90 gr of 3f.
IMG_20191223_091506594.jpg

She liked them and so did the buck rabbit too!
IMG_20191223_100540350.jpg

Lay on the ground was a spent bullet which made me chuckle. It's in the pan in the above photo.
Next up was just the 17 airgun pellets again. Darn gun nearly jumped out of my gloved hands when I loosed them on another buck rabbit. I must of tipped a little more than 2oz that time.
IMG_20191223_121601258.jpg

There was several pellets lying around there after too!
What a hoot.
We sat for a drink on a deer trail and we watched the squirrels before heading for home.
IMG_20191223_113530893.jpg

Nothing better than being in the woods with a firelock on a cold winter's day.

B.

Last edited:
The recently acquired lead haul also contained some new unloaded 22 long rifle bullets! What's a feller to do? Give them to old Brown busty Bess (BBB) that's what!
View attachment 20708
View attachment 20709
Lay on the ground was a spent bullet which made me chuckle. It's in the pan in the above photo.
Next up was just the 17 airgun pellets again. Darn gun nearly jumped out of my gloved hands when I loosed them on another buck rabbit. I must of tipped a little more than 2oz that time.
View attachment 20710
What a hoot.
We sat for a drink on a deer trail and we watched the squirrels before heading for home.
View attachment 20711

B.
thanks for the post, really enjoy reading your wrightings

I wish there was a "like a lot" button on the forum! Very entertaining posts as usual and great photos!

(Sure as the devil you used 3fff in old busty... ;-)

Nice shooting Brits! Agreed nothing better then being out in the cold

So I cleaned the rabbit today that was taken with the twenty two's and to my amazement only one connected!
It had broke the back but not by passing across the back!
No it entered the neck then turned down the spine, broke the lower spine and tumbled back out and come to rest in belly wall on my side, pretty much a U turn!
IMG_20191225_101758903.jpg

You know what they say about tumbling bullets!
Anyway Jess is going to eat well today!

B.

View attachment 20708
View attachment 20709
View attachment 20710
What a hoot.
View attachment 20711

B.

Good job again and good to see Jess

Pastry looks fine to me, nice brown color, doesn't need to look perfect to taste good or have good texture. But, admittedly the filling is the more important part.

Don't get me started on the teabags,,,,,, wretched stuff,,,,,,,

Latest posts

Back