Big Mens Clothes

Discussion in 'Clothing' started by seleach, Jul 3, 2012.

Help Support Muzzle Loading Forum by donating:

1. Jul 3, 2012 #1

seleach

seleach

seleach

36 Cal. MLF Supporter

Hey Y'all,
    I am just getting into BP shooting and am not doing any reinacting at this point. However, I would like to have a few items of linen or wool clothing such as pants shirts and hunting frocks for our club shoots. So far all I can find online are sizes up to XXL and I need to add a couple more Xs to that! :(

Anyone know of a 'Big & Tall' outfitter I can contact?

Thanks,
    Steve

2. Jul 3, 2012 #2

PA.1740

PA.1740

PA.1740

50 Cal.

You might try Twin Otter Trading out of Kent,WA. :idunno: saw them on line. also check forum someone posted a site of all kinds of traders. good luck!
    Have Fun
    Phil

3. Jul 3, 2012 #3

kenhulme

kenhulme

kenhulme

32 Cal.

Hmmm, the Twin Otter Trading I was able to find is a Work Clothing and Industrial Laundry service in Kent, WA, nothing to do with reenactment clothing.

I'm afraid Steve, that if you've gotta have more than two Xs, you'll probably have to end up making your own kit...

4. Jul 3, 2012 #4

Coot

Coot

Coot

69 Cal. MLF Supporter

I have not used them so I cannot speak to quality of work or historical accuracy but Ghost Forge advertises sizes up to 6X.

5. Jul 4, 2012 #5

William O.

William O.

William O.

54 Cal.

6. Jul 4, 2012 #6

Maestro

Maestro

Maestro

My first thought when I read your question was also Ghost Forge but I'm pretty sure that Missy at Barkertown Sutlers will accomodate you as well.

7. Jul 5, 2012 #7

seleach

seleach

seleach

36 Cal. MLF Supporter

Thanks for all the feedback fellas. I checked them all out online and came up with two that I am going to contact to start with (Barkertown Sutlers and Buckboard Period Clothing).

Right now I am more concerned with taking off some clothes, :shocked2: it has been triple digits way to much lately. :surrender:

:hmm: I wonder if there is such a thing as a mountain man deerskin thong?? :rotf:

8. Jul 5, 2012 #8

kenhulme

kenhulme

kenhulme

32 Cal.

Mountain man thong? That's an itsy bitsy teenie weenie breechclout!

Glad to hear you found a source for large size clothes. I wasn't aware that there was much, if any being made. Good thread!

9. Jul 7, 2012 #9

fyrfyter43

fyrfyter43

fyrfyter43

45 Cal.

From my conversation with Missy, I'm sure she can help you out. While I don't need anything that big, Missy was a great help to me. But be forewarned, this is the busy season for any of the sutlers. I placed my order a little more than a month ago with Missy, and she has not called yet to tell me that she is starting work on my kit.