• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Big Iron!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GYJ

40 Cal
Reaction score
Two new Slim Jim holsters for the big 3rd Model Dragoon. One in dark walnut with double border stamping. One in chestnut with triple border stamping. At the bottom is the very first holster I made, which was for this sixgun back in 2013. Things sure have changed!

016b_2.jpg

002b_8.jpg

009b_3.jpg

IMG_1237b.jpg

I've tried tooling leather. I can do it, but the amount of time I spend on a project, I would make about 10 cents an hour! You did a better job than I ever could. Are they machine stitched? Did you use Herman Oak leather?

What do you mean?
The "form fitting" configuration made to the individual pistol which I suspect was made as wet veg-tan(?)
Please don't take offense, your work is beautiful.
While the tight form fit does/would indeed snugly hold and protect the gun during carry, a fit that tight could encumber a smooth draw from the holster itself

It doesn't. The "hand boning" is minimal and does not impede the draw.

Thanks all, for the kind words.

Back