• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Big Game Hunting

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've mostly given up on big game hunting. I'm in my mid fifties, have killed a lot of deer and turkeys and worked as a game warden for 32 years before retiring in 2019. I still enjoy shooting muzzleloaders and still do a bit of hunting here in my home state of PA, but I had basically given up on western or exotic big game hunts a number of years ago. That said, I'm at the age where I feel like if I don't do so now, I may not feel like going on a big game hunt down the road and I have several brothers who are in the same boat (they'll all older than me by varying degrees). If I do a big game hunt somewhere, it would likely be with a flintlock and preferably in a muzzleloading season if that limits the pressure. Just not sure where I'd like to go yet or what game to pursue. Assuming I was planning on doing it with my brothers, we'd also need to apply for the same non-resident tags and hope to get really lucky.

I've mostly given up on big game hunting. I'm in my mid fifties, have killed a lot of deer and turkeys and worked as a game warden for 32 years before retiring in 2019. I still enjoy shooting muzzleloaders and still do a bit of hunting here in my home state of PA, but I had basically given up on western or exotic big game hunts a number of years ago. That said, I'm at the age where I feel like if I don't do so now, I may not feel like going on a big game hunt down the road and I have several brothers who are in the same boat (they'll all older than me by varying degrees). If I do a big game hunt somewhere, it would likely be with a flintlock and preferably in a muzzleloading season if that limits the pressure. Just not sure where I'd like to go yet or what game to pursue. Assuming I was planning on doing it with my brothers, we'd also need to apply for the same non-resident tags and hope to get really lucky.

Idaho has a fair amount of over the counter elk hunts that are muzzleloader only opportunity. We have some great draw hunts but you have to buy a license to apply. If you don't draw you can always hunt the OTC muzzleloader only hunts. I would be glad to help you with info but I will only do so through private messages. Not everyone needs or wants to hear about places to hunt. ;)

Back