• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Big Cannons!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cool video!!! Shame it’s been ignored and grown over.
I’ll settle for a bit smaller one lolol

Attachments

• 68F4D1D0-D639-4297-A810-CF2F2821BA2F.jpeg
    68F4D1D0-D639-4297-A810-CF2F2821BA2F.jpeg
    85.7 KB · Views: 671
I like that Woody!! While on topic😁 friend of mine shoot this off every 4th of July up near Lake George,NY. Totally insane! I was told nothing is inside it and it’s all woods down field. Haven’t a clue how much powder is in it. But glad it has a long fuse. They found it years back in a garage tag sale for $75 bucks.

Attachments

• 92CB6A7B-1E0A-437E-BF08-AC0E5490D7F0.mp4
    841.6 KB
Dang that is a really, really big one. I've got a nearly 8 pound chunk of a 9 inch exploded ball, came out of my yard. It was fired from one of the two 9 inch Dahlgren guns on Maryland Heights just down the ridge from me on the Harpers Ferry side. Those huge naval guns were hauled up very steep mountainside by great effort.

According to Wikipedia, the 15" Rodman guns took 40 pounds of powder to launch the 450 pound cannon balls!

I WOULD LOVE TO SEE ONE LOADED AND FIRED!!! o_O
At today's prices - that's $800.00 a shot worth of powder. Cast iron from a forming foundry averages $1.34 a pound so the ball in todays money would be $603.00.
That would make it $1,403.00 per shot.
I would like to watch, but not have to buy the ticket.....

At today's prices - that's $800.00 a shot worth of powder. Cast iron from a forming foundry averages $1.34 a pound so the ball in todays money would be $603.00.
Still would be fun though!

We could all kick in a couple bucks as a group buy, I'm sure the Park Service wouldn't mind us touching it off once or twice 😅

Back