• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Biathlon

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Pemi Primitive Biathlon is this weekend on the 19th in Holderness NH, and the Wabanaki run (Caladonia VT) is also in Feb but i don't know when.

Weather should be pretty good come Saturday. Forecast is for temps in the low 30's with a chance of snow showers in the afternoon.

I'll be scoring in the morning. I'm not sure which station, yet, but I'll update when Bob lets me know. Say hey if you shoot in the am.

Edited to add...I'll be at station 2. Weather is warm today, and they're talking about rain later, so bring your micro-spikes, or some sort of ice creepers...just in case.;)

Last edited:
Weather should be pretty good come Saturday. Forecast is for temps in the low 30's with a chance of snow showers in the afternoon.

I'll be scoring in the morning. I'm not sure which station, yet, but I'll update when Bob lets me know. Say hey if you shoot in the am.

Edited to add...I'll be at station 2. Weather is warm today, and they're talking about rain later, so bring your micro-spikes, or some sort of ice creepers...just in case.;)
Nice to meet you, Painter! Great course. Thanks for helping to host it.

Nice to meet you, Painter! Great course. Thanks for helping to host it.
Likewise, Rich. It's my pleasure to be involved in this event, and am fortunate to be a member at the Pemi. I wish they did a couple more events each year. Joe, and Bob, along with many others work hard to make it a great event.

I hear nitwit was there, but either I wasn't on station, or he didn't say hey. Of course, you were easy to recognize because you don't use a 'handle' on the forum.

Hope we're both kicking next year.

Likewise, Rich. It's my pleasure to be involved in this event, and am fortunate to be a member at the Pemi. I wish they did a couple more events each year. Joe, and Bob, along with many others work hard to make it a great event.

I hear nitwit was there, but either I wasn't on station, or he didn't say hey. Of course, you were easy to recognize because you don't use a 'handle' on the forum.

Hope we're both kicking next year.
I had a great time there on Sunday. Colder and very icy, so I didn't wear the snow shoes. Been going to this event for 7-10 years. I really like it and the people are great. Now that I am retired I am hoping to attend some of the other biathlon events in VT & NH if weather permits for driving.

I had a great time there on Sunday. Colder and very icy, so I didn't wear the snow shoes. Been going to this event for 7-10 years. I really like it and the people are great. Now that I am retired I am hoping to attend some of the other biathlon events in VT & NH if weather permits for driving.
Hopefully you can make the Pemi event next year. That's where Rich, and I, met.

I’m going to make narrower snowshoes with strong crampons for these events. They are mostly on hard packed trails so there’s no need for a lot of float. I am splitting an ash tree to make Chippewa style snowshoes.

I didn't bother wearing snow shoes. I should have put my spikes on a little sooner. The walk out to my station was a piece of cake. Fell right on my azz on the way back to my truck after my scoring shift.

I think the ground got harder since the last time I slipped, and fell. 😁

I didn't bother wearing snow shoes. I should have put my spikes on a little sooner. The walk out to my station was a piece of cake. Fell right on my azz on the way back to my truck after my scoring shift.

Ouch!

I put my Yak Traks on before I even left the starting line. Was glad I did. Saw one guy take a nasty spill on the ice and he banged his gun up too.

Back