• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Biathlon

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nit wit

.69 Cal.
Staff member
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
1642718071901.png

My Youngest son is in the Coast Guard in Puerto Rico, he is being reassigned to Boston. His dog is supposed to be flown in on the 17th-18. I have drive down to Logan and pick her up. Things are up in the air so I don't know if I'll make it or not.
Nit Wit

2 hour drive for me but what else could be better?
About a 3 hr drive for me, but it's the drive home that is tough. I'm usually pretty pooped out after the shoot. I'm hoping to shoot better than previous years. It was too cold and windy the last time I participated, and my shooting suffered because of it.

That section of real estate is on the down wind down hill side of a small mountain. It's pretty cold in central NH in February, but the wind almost always blows hard there.

The club has put out burn barrels at all the stations, mostly to keep the volunteers a bit more comfortable, but if you're not going for time you can always warm up for a few minutes.

That section of real estate is on the down wind down hill side of a small mountain. It's pretty cold in central NH in February, but the wind almost always blows hard there.

The club has put out burn barrels at all the stations, mostly to keep the volunteers a bit more comfortable, but if you're not going for time you can always warm up for a few minutes.
I have never been cold running a biathlon, usually I'm sweating like a pig!
Nit Wit

I’ll be there Lord willing. I did the Southern Vermont Primitive Biathlon this past weekend.
I saw the results, and it looks like you did pretty well. also saw where you won the t/C Renegade raffle prize. Lucky guy. I have been going to this event for the last 10 years, and this year I did my best shooting.

I saw the results, and it looks like you did pretty well. also saw where you won the t/C Renegade raffle prize. Lucky guy. I have been going to this event for the last 10 years, and this year I did my best shooting.
I was lucky with the raffle. My shooting was good for me. I’m slow on time, 68 years old with a fused spine, titanium rods and screws. But, I like to push myself so do the timed events.

Are there any other clubs running primitive biathlons? I know NY did for a while but I think thats fallen off.
I would love to get out and shoot a match like this
Thanks
Kevin

Back