BEWARE Middlesex Village Trading Co.

Discussion in 'Vendors and Manufacturers' started by Smoothbore12, Jul 3, 2019.

Help Support Muzzle Loading Forum by donating:

1. Jul 3, 2019 #1

Smoothbore12

Smoothbore12

Smoothbore12

32 Cal MLF Supporter

UPDATE: Middlesex Village Trading Co.Customer Service
    Sent a lock for repair back in October 2018.
    He claimed it was half finished in November since then no direct communication.
    After a dozen or more emails and calls nothing.
    I requested he just return my lock repaired or not, just return and bill me, no response.
    I contacted local Police they contacted him he emailed me a long rant on my errant behavior.
    and that my lock was crap and refers me to his color coded repair schedule. No lock.

I contacted Small Claims not a viable or practicable option? Contacted New Hampshire
    Better Business they have 4 reports on him mine is 5, 3 responded too 1 not.
    I know many others have had bad dealings with him
    Any suggestions on seeking a solution to break this deadlock.

2. Jul 3, 2019 #2

nhmoose

nhmoose

nhmoose

58 Cal. MLF Supporter

Formal complaint to NH AG office. Why should he be able to import arms and such to NH and then not provide service as advertised.

Failure to respond ect. MAKE WAVES

Okie Hog likes this.
  3. Jul 3, 2019 #3

FishDFly

FishDFly

FishDFly

69 Cal.

What about contacting the District Attorney in the city he does business in to see what he can do or if he will give you a recommendation on which way to go for resolve.

Since you contacted the local PD, try the Sheriff's Dept.

Are you a member of NMLRA? If so, maybe a letter to the Editor of Muzzle Blasts warning folks what a rip off Middlesex is.

What about a typed letter and sent Certified/Return Receipt to the owner? That way he will have to sign for it, versus ignoring your e-mails.

Doubt he belongs to the Chamber of Commerce, but you can send them a letter out lining your frustrations. Never know, one of them may know him personally.

4. Jul 7, 2019 #4

tenngun

tenngun

tenngun

Cannon

I’ve never done business with them but it makes me sad. Almost all of our vendors bend over backwards to give good customer service.

Ames likes this.
  5. Jul 7, 2019 #5

vintovka

vintovka

vintovka

Pilgrim

Sad to hear hopefully they will take notice that many potential customers are now aware of your dissatisfaction. Unfortunately it seems shoddy service and products may be the norm soon.

6. Jul 7, 2019 #6

waarp8nt

waarp8nt

waarp8nt

32 Cal.

East of the Kaskaskia River in Illinois Country
    I have never dealt with them. I would be frustrated too, I would think 9 months would be enough time to build a lock, let alone repair one.

The small claims option you mentioned would be an option, but you would want to contact the county clerk where he lives to see the procedure. Here in my county in Illinois the filing fees for such a claim would exceed the value of the lock, plus they would require you to appear in court in person or by attorney, a letter wouldn't do you any good.

If the business is in town, then contact the city police. If the business is out in the country then the sheriff's office would be your best bet.

Like someone mentioned before, I would go with a certified letter requesting my lock back in original condition with no further repairs. Even though the owner has not been professional, you should be in your letter. No personal threats, send him a copy and sign your original in blue. Hopefully, this will be enough to prompt him to send you the lock.

Silky921 likes this.
  7. Jul 7, 2019 #7

vintovka

vintovka

vintovka

Pilgrim

Maybe if someone emailed a copy of this thread to them things might change?

8. Jul 7, 2019 #8

Poboy

Poboy

Poboy

40 cal - b MLF Supporter

See you in People's Court! LOL.

9. Jul 7, 2019 #9

rickystl

rickystl

rickystl

58 Cal. MLF Supporter

Just for grins I checked out the Wait List. Unless I'm reading this wrong, there appears to be well over 100 invoices open. Assuming this to be a one-man shop/business, it would seem that some customers are going to be waiting a long time to receive their orders.

Rick

10. Jul 9, 2019 #10

Stantheman86

Stantheman86

Stantheman86

32 Cal. MLF Supporter

According to the list my 1853 Enfield is almost ready to ship. About a 6 month wait......and I dont know what "arriving in next shipment " means, he still has to finish them.

The prices for the Indian muskets has gotten too high to make them attractive as blank poppers, round ball blinkers etc

I admit I ordered one on an impulse now I'm curious to see what I actually get.

11. Jul 13, 2019 #11

Frontier's

Frontier's

Frontier's

40 cal - b

you get what you pay for, especially from india.

azmntman likes this.
  12. Jul 14, 2019 #12

nhmoose

nhmoose

nhmoose

58 Cal. MLF Supporter

With this vendor

13. Jul 14, 2019 #13

hanshi

hanshi

hanshi

Cannon

Sounds a lot like a con job, IMHO.

14. Jul 27, 2019 #14

Stantheman86

Stantheman86

Stantheman86

32 Cal. MLF Supporter

His wait list only has like 100 people on it so its not like hes moving 1000s of firearms.

He seems to me like a guy who was probably OK years ago but is now in a "semi retired dgaf" state of mind

15. Jul 28, 2019 #15

Enfieldguy

Enfieldguy

Enfieldguy

32 Cal.

I bought a few weapons from Middlesex about 10 years ago. Never a problem. Delivery was about a week and communication was great. Pete even called me when I bought the Baker. It was the last one in stock and had a chip out of the stock when he unboxed it. He called to explain that the next shipment would be about a month off so I could wait or he'd sell me the blemished one for $50 off. Even email me a pic showing the damage. It was along the barrel channel but wouldn't affect operation so I took it. It shot fine right out of the box. But like I said, that was 10 years ago.

16. Jul 29, 2019 #16

Darkgael

Darkgael

Darkgael

45 Cal.

it has been a few years since I bought two guns from MVTC. No problems with either transaction.