• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

BEWARE! I got ripped off

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If the vendor refuses to accept credit cards i simply refuse to buy his wares, easy as that.

There are several well-established vendors of black powder stuff: They all accept credit cards in payment. All those vendors are having trouble, supplies can't keep up with demand.

Scammers want us to believe they are somehow able to receive black powder supplies when established vendors cannot: That's a far stretch.

Last edited:
Also beware of Alphax Firearms. I got ripped off by them recently. As someone else said If it is too good to be true, it is! I am so mad at myself for getting suckered in!

If the vendor refuses to accept credit cards i simply refuse to buy his wares, easy as that.

There are several well-established vendors of black powder stuff: They all accept credit cards in payment. All those vendors are having trouble, supplies can't keep up with demand.

Scammers want us to believe they are somehow able to receive black powder supplies when established vendors cannot: That's a far stretch.

Exactly. Kind of odd when you can add 25 lbs. of Goex FFG to your cart with no HazMat fee and the fact Goex closed almost 9 months ago with no other major suppliers having any in stock for months now. Trust your spidey sense when it tingles.

I once had an experience with an on line seller that had unmentionable ammo at a real low price. I filled my cart and filled out my shipping address. I called the phone number on the website area code in Oregon to ask a few questions. Got a google phone answering service. I got a phone call from a guy with a thick accent a few minutes later. I already Googled the address and found it was a Chipotle's and a pizza joint at that location In Houston Texas. The fun then began when I started messing with the guy about shipping out of the back of the Chipotle's or pizza joint. He hung up immediately Needless to say I didn't place an order.

Think PayPal currently a big risk for any gun related transactions. They can freeze accounts at any time and some ultimately lose big $. That said, my quick reviews indicate Ebay and others net listings are down as PP is dropped from payment methods. Free shipping is disappearing as well. This loss of income is got to be huge and may force a change. Meanwhile fear of scammers isn't helping. Maybe Gunshows will return with a vengeance?????

This scam "almost" happened to me a few years ago. It involved a Pedersoli Charleville Musket. I noticed the photos the scammer sent me were actually just commercial photos of the same gun. When I asked for photos of the actual gun being offered, no response.

I appreciate all the advice (in hindsite) to avoid this scam. I know I screwed up. I will be more careful next time. I simply posted this story to help others to avoid my mistake.
Thanks for thinking of others. When we all share our misfortunes, we help the group.

I work in a retail gun store. I was looking for a source of powder and primers for the store. I found a place in Washington state that had great prices and plenty of inventory. I Goggled them and found an address with a website and a phone number. I tried to place an order, but first wanted to communicate with them. I was online and asked if they did only retail or if they also sold wholesale. They responded that they did it all. I then asked more specific questions about their business and my connection was terminated. I tried calling them and no one ever answered their phone, and no voicemail came up either. I then Googled their phone number, and it was a place in southern California. With the place in Washington state, a phone number in California and their reluctance to answer my questions I could only conclude it was a scam.

So, watch out for Primersales.com. Claimed they had #11 caps. I hooked in and then asked why they hadn't shipped. They gave me a fake UPS shipping tag and a false UPS address to watch the shipment. Nada! I communicated and they said I hadn't paid the Hazmat fee or the $100.00 insurance fee. I asked to cancel the order and they stated that they couldn't because the order was processed. They wanted payment through PayPal but only to a personal "friends" account because PayPal will not approve of ammunition sales. Got ripped off too.

I got primers from Gunbroker. I got my primers. How I got ripped off ? I paid tooo damn much. Sorry you got taken. I been careful. I have been lucky.
And your right. I didn’t have pay so much and could have kept looking...
But they were honest just gouged a little.
Sorry you got ripped off tho.

Don't let your greed get too you. That is how all scams work.
This is the fundamental lesson in all of these cases.

It turns out that the "scam" amounts to "I believed something from a source that I had no reason to believe. What I decided to believe was absurd. I was asked to pay for a product in a way that was illicit and left no recourse if anything went wrong with the sale or delivery."

It's like buying something off Craigslist where the seller says "Meet me at the end of the dock where all the lights are out. Come alone on foot. Cash only in small bills." Then when you get robbed, you complain to all your friends and the police.

If you want to go outside the perimeter and deal with the zombies because you think you can get something from them you can't get otherwise and you're getting it at something like an 80% discount from current prices (like maybe you believe they have stuff that just "fell off the truck"?) that's definitely your right -- and your own risk. Warning people may not accomplish much -- assuming they're looking for the same sort of a "deal".

Last edited:
This is the fundamental lesson in all of these cases.

It turns out that the "scam" amounts to "I believed something from a source that I had no reason to believe. What I decided to believe was absurd. I was asked to pay for a product in a way that was illicit and left no recourse if anything went wrong with the sale or delivery."

It's like buying something off Craigslist where the seller says "Meet me at the end of the dock where all the lights are out. Come alone on foot. Cash only in small bills." Then when you get robbed, you complain to all your friends and the police.

If you want to go outside the perimeter and deal with the zombies because you think you can get something from them you can't get otherwise and you're getting it at something like an 80% discount from current prices (like maybe you believe they have stuff that just "fell off the truck"?) that's definitely your right -- and your own risk. Warning people may not accomplish much -- assuming they're looking for the same sort of a "deal".
Anyone ever hear of a dealer called optics and ammo

It takes less than a minute to do a web search on this. The results speak for themselves. It's hard to miss if you do your own research that only takes a few minutes. Just one example:

Optics and Ammo LLC Warning
Thanks they had an item not made anymore at reduced price and no one else has had it for very long time. It sounded to good to be true and I looked everywhere I could pull up and no longer available. It was a TC factory 45-70 barrel I'm on a retired budget probably just forget about it

"item not made anymore"
"at reduced price"
"no one else has had it for very long time"
"sounded to good to be true"
"no longer available"
This is really a matter of curiosity for me, and not intended as criticism. I'm just trying to understand this phenomenon of people continuing to get scammed by the same old tricks ...

So what part of this made you think for even an instant that it even might be legit? I just don't understand how people can look at something like this and not see the gigantic lure with the big hook in it. Were you thinking something like "Well, this looks really fishy, but maybe there's one person out there who actually got an order from them as advertised -- and then I'd take a chance on them." ? I just don't get it. One web search, and no one should go near a company like this.

Reputable local dealer where you can face to face, or gun shows with cash in hand. No debit, credit cards, the day is coming where you will be tracked for anything you purchase in a gun shop. I perer gun shows pay cash and a thank you. Done that at a york Pa. show this is especially important if purchasing anything related to the un-mentionables, ammo, parts and those sort of items. We tend to think our muzzle loading weapons are rather safe not so much in todays world and only going to worsen in the future. Look at the hoops our members in the European countries have to go through. Its just a matter of time until it is the same here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back