• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

BEWARE! I got ripped off

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I did a search for percussion caps and a couple of sites came up stating the had caps for sale. The site I ordered from was discountfirearmandammo.com The had a $100 minimum. The #11 caps were $4.95 per 100. They required payment by way of cash app or Zelle. I sent $135. No shipment, no reply to phone messages, no reply to emails. There are others pulling this scam, too. I was so anxious to get some caps that I placed the order trusting them but once you send money via Zelle, there is no recourse. I got ripped for the $135 and learned a hard lesson. Hope I can help prevent others from falling for this dishonest scammer.
Difficult to hear about others getting ripped off. Could be be me or anyone else next time. The traditional muzzleloading community has historically been a trusting group. But today, if it sounds too good too be true……. I have been on this forum and have purchased a lot of ‘stuff’ from quite a few members over the years, but in today’s world, it would be difficult to consider purchasing anything from a member I wasn’t familiar with. And as far as buying anything from these websites popping up like springtime weeds in your yard, just don’t see it.

Last edited:
While searching for BP after Goex went under, I found those types of sites. My first thought was all the major BP sites (Powder Valley, Maine Powder House , etc.) were out of stock for months but these guys have it and have it cheaper ? Then I see the pay method and $200 min. Scam alert right away.

It stinks to not be able to shoot, but stick with a known reputable company or check local shops weekly. Remember, if it seems to good to be true, it probably is .

Yep—I know it’s a BP cartridge gun, so please forgive me, but it’s next to impossible to find .45-70 factory rounds for my trapdoor right now. One place in Los Angeles showed they had boxes of 200 rounds. I almost just ordered from them, but then I Googled the place, and a whole page of people calling them out for being scammers appeared! So I’ve now decided to learn how to reload.
Try Ammoseek for 45-70.

I did a search for percussion caps and a couple of sites came up stating the had caps for sale. The site I ordered from was discountfirearmandammo.com The had a $100 minimum. The #11 caps were $4.95 per 100. They required payment by way of cash app or Zelle. I sent $135. No shipment, no reply to phone messages, no reply to emails. There are others pulling this scam, too. I was so anxious to get some caps that I placed the order trusting them but once you send money via Zelle, there is no recourse. I got ripped for the $135 and learned a hard lesson. Hope I can help prevent others from falling for this dishonest scammer.
Sorry that happened. I had everything in the cart and was setting on go but finally decided it was too risky. Glad I did now.

There's another site -- Online Reloading Store | Buy reloading supplies online - USA-reloads. They claim to have some BP with most "Out of Stock". It has a $160 minimum and payment only via Zelle or Cash App. No address, no phone number. Website fairly sophisticated and a search has them in top 5 listings. There is a similar site that "sells" non-BP powder & primers. This one is https://usareloading.shop/ and same as the one above. No CC only Venmo, Zelle, or Cash App ...gotta be the same rip off artists

There's another site -- Online Reloading Store | Buy reloading supplies online - USA-reloads. They claim to have some BP with most "Out of Stock". It has a $160 minimum and payment only via Zelle or Cash App. No address, no phone number. Website fairly sophisticated and a search has them in top 5 listings. There is a similar site that "sells" non-BP powder & primers. This one is https://usareloading.shop/ and same as the one above. No CC only Venmo, Zelle, or Cash App ...gotta be the same rip off artists

Yup thanks for the heads up. spread the word!

These scams have been going on for quite a while and they all seem to follow the same formula...large minimum payment, many (if not most) primers in stock at good prices) no credit card payments allowed. Also, many of the scam sites seems to follow the same html formula, telling me that it is probably one group controlling most all of them.

There have been warning posts across several different firearms forums over the last few months relating to this.

Thanks for sharing the warning here, and sorry it happened to you, buddy.

I am sorry you got stiffed. Scammers are everywhere. I had my bank account cleaned out by hackers 3 years ago, not much fun!
With e-addresses spoofed all over the globe, virtually none of them is ever caught. In many cases the loot finances causes none of us would ever support or even acknowledge. Its’ a multibillion dollar business.

Any businesses that only accept Zelle or cash apps should never be used. You have no recourse.
I'd consider finding their physical address and reporting them to the local police or district attorney.

I found the same type of scams. I almost ordered from a website, but saw they spelled their state wrong. Before of any shop that only accepts Venmo/Zelle/crypto. There are a TON of scamming sites that specifically “sell” guns, ammo, reloading supplies, etc.

One of the posts above mentioned some of these scam sites have positive approval ratings. It is my understanding that these “positive reviews” are bogus, too, submitted by people affiliated with the scammer.

reviews can be helpful, but they can also be falsified.

I try not to carry a burden of hate, but I make an exception for these crooks.

Notchy Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back