• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Beware GunBroker Sales

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was not made aware of a checkout system and dealt directly with the buyer as I have done many times before. If GB was supposed to collect the tax from the buyer it did not.

As other posts mentioned, GB doesnt "collect" tax from the buyer, the seller does. GB includes the tax amount based on the buyers location and its in the totals in their info. Its up to the seller to be sure they get it from the buyer. And yes, the seller is "charged" the tax, just as in retail sales, the seller is supposed to also pass that long after they collect it from the buyer.

GB has some convoluted information, its been confusing to me to find the totals at times, its not always where I expect to find it, but its there. All my transactions there have been direct with the seller, but the tax info is shown if you can find the right section to look.

Some are grumpy about GB following the law. Its not a conspiracy, its basic economics. States have passed laws about online sales, they are tired of losing tax revenue to untaxed internet sales, so now most states require online sales to be taxed. Individuals doing face to face transactions may circumvent taxes, but its not as easy to run a business and ignore the law.

I stopped selling on Gunbroker after the Georgia Secretary of State's office charged my credit card $350 for a "Corporate Fee" or something like that. Someone at Gunbroker had to be in on it for the Georgia Secretary of State's office to have my CC information. The number on my CC statement was the office of the Secretary of State. I called and left messages as nobody would answer. I called my CC company and they refunded my money.

Back