• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

BEWARE EMAIL SCAM

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And, since it is that time of year again remember - The IRS WILL NEVER call or email you telling you that you owe back taxes. And even if you did owe, depending on the amount, they might show up at your home or place of employment, but never via phone or email. In most cases you will get a registered/certified letter in the mail.

And the IRS or any law enforcement agency will NEVER demand that you pay those back taxes or any sort of fine with gift cards.

And finally - No, your grandchild is not in jail in Bolivia, so don't wire thousands of dollars in gift cards or to an Amazon account "to the attorney" to get him or her released.

Sadly, people get duped by this all of the time.

Recently the Thai police cracked a scam ring that targeted older US citizens. US agents were involved in the bust.

"Police said they arrested 21 suspects Tuesday after raiding nine locations in four Thai provinces, seizing 162 bank accounts, 61 mobile phones, two cars, one gun, and multiple real estate properties. Another Thai suspect was arrested Wednesday. U.S. agents took part in the raids.

The suspects, including five Indian nationals and 15 Thais, have been charged with involvement in transnational crime, fraud by impersonating others, fraud of the people, inputting false information into computer systems that causes damage to others, money laundering and conspiring to launder money."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crim...1&cvid=d6c4fbece2754188b622ad7631f4c240&ei=11

NEVER call the number on the message, NEVER open any attachments or links in the message. I delete those bs massages and don’t bother with them. If you do call, call the number on your CC .
Then there are the ones coming in as text messages saying your message delivery system has problems Yada da da da and so on. Press delete!
Love the ones saying your PayPal or Apple account has been locked up due to suspicious activity. Knowing to be BS I went on my accounts saved as favorites and all was fine. Since PayPal is so anti gun, I closed up my account with them a while back, screw their woke manure!

A day doesn’t go by where either my wife or myself doesn’t receive a PHONY text, email, or phone message concerning PayPal or Amazon. More recently, (and becoming a Senior Citizen), the same is happening with the IRS, Medicare, and Social Security…….Perhaps we would be far better served with 75,000 more government staff added to annihilate the scammers rather then beef up the IRS so they can milk every penny out of us.

This is posted here instead of "Non-Muzzleloading Discussions" so that all members, not just premium guys, are warned...

I got this email today... looks legit right? ODD..., my name doesn't actually appear....

View attachment 208504

Except I'm not buying a semi-auto "pistol" in the modern, Soviet, combat rifle caliber, AND I don't have a PayPal Account, BUT it was slightly possible that some yahoo got one of my cards, then set up a PayPal Account, But that didn't happen....,

SO what this is, is a "Scare Scam". You see the large charge, and the "800 number" and you call them to dispute it...,

Then when they answer, they have to "verify" who you are, while the secretly record your voice. They want you to answer "yes" to just one of several of their questions...., probably the last question that they ask..., something like, "So Mr. [fill in name here] you want to cancel this transaction, is that correct?" THEN since they see your phone number coming in, they then charge that number with authorizing all sorts of bogus charges for services and fees, and have your own voice, with a dubbed in question you never were actually asked, answering "yes" and authorizing the charges..... IF they get the caller to slip up and state a credit card number and authorization code, it's even worse....

Funny when I called them from my desk at the police station the recording said "there is no one here to take your call"... really, nobody at PayPal ??? LOL

Here are some flaws in the invoice, when you closely look at it...

View attachment 208506
So I have posted this for all of us to be on our guard. Stay vigilant ; Stay safe , folks!

LD
Accurate, informative, many thanks for posting. I never would fall for such a scheme, but some people would. Good that you're sharing this info. :)

This is posted here instead of "Non-Muzzleloading Discussions" so that all members, not just premium guys, are warned...

I got this email today... looks legit right? ODD..., my name doesn't actually appear....

View attachment 208504

Except I'm not buying a semi-auto "pistol" in the modern, Soviet, combat rifle caliber, AND I don't have a PayPal Account, BUT it was slightly possible that some yahoo got one of my cards, then set up a PayPal Account, But that didn't happen....,

SO what this is, is a "Scare Scam". You see the large charge, and the "800 number" and you call them to dispute it...,

Then when they answer, they have to "verify" who you are, while the secretly record your voice. They want you to answer "yes" to just one of several of their questions...., probably the last question that they ask..., something like, "So Mr. [fill in name here] you want to cancel this transaction, is that correct?" THEN since they see your phone number coming in, they then charge that number with authorizing all sorts of bogus charges for services and fees, and have your own voice, with a dubbed in question you never were actually asked, answering "yes" and authorizing the charges..... IF they get the caller to slip up and state a credit card number and authorization code, it's even worse....

Funny when I called them from my desk at the police station the recording said "there is no one here to take your call"... really, nobody at PayPal ??? LOL

Here are some flaws in the invoice, when you closely look at it...

View attachment 208506
So I have posted this for all of us to be on our guard. Stay vigilant ; Stay safe , folks!

LD
Then again, if they want to ship one to me bad enough.....without me doing anything, have at it!

I was unaware of how huge the scam industry was until i started following the "glitterbomb scam" series. Google it as you may be shocked.
That would be Mark Rober, a former NASA engineer. He was actually involved in taking down several scammer locations in India in addition to tricking your average sidewalk punk breaking into cars. Glitterbomb indeed!!

i got one last week myself i just delete them and check my bank,,only one time my account was charged 270,,by pay pal,,someone created a personel account in my name diferent email though,,so they refunded me and shut dow the account

I just had a call wanting too sell me funeral cost, burial or cremation insurance..
The nice lady ask how I was doing today?

I replied…not so good..

She went into her presentation followed by asking ..How old I was?

I replied…112

Click…. She hung up on me just when I was getting warmed up…🤣🤣🤣

Not sure i fully understand this one so maybe y'all can chime in.
I placed an ad on facebook for some tools. Got a response asking me to text to a phone number having to do with Google. Apparently the scammers try to get into your account at google to steal your Google phone number and use it to scam others as you. I quickly changed all my passwords including Gmail ect. Maybe someone can explain it better.

Just FYI, if you do get a message like that, and you think it might be real, check the app or service itself, on your own device or browser, if there's any issue with your bank or subscription, it will show on the app.

The other thing you can do is to look up the real number of that company, and call them through their main line, or chat, or whatever. NEVER respond directly via their provided email, or phone number, to a communication like that.

Back