• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Best way to use spit patch?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bruce, thank you for the heads-up. I just joined this forum and will simply leave.

It is not just the vulgarity. It's that the vulgarity is third rate, sophmoric and accompanied by deliberate personal insults. I'm no prude but if somebody is going to peddle vulgarity it should be funny and clever.

If the vulgarity were between team members in a hockey locker room it would be okay. But this is a not a locker room. We do not know all each other.

It is lowbrow behavior. You do not know who is here. When you say this stuff, you might be saying it to someone's wife, or kid. You might be saying it to a deeply religious man who, if he were your neighbor, you would not want to offend.

It is fundamentally cowardly.

It is not okay in Australia, and this not a drunken campfire at Sturgis. Or maybe it is. The admin seems okay with that.

Bruce, thank you for the heads-up. I just joined this forum and will simply leave.

It is not just the vulgarity. It's that the vulgarity is third rate, sophmoric and accompanied by deliberate personal insults. I'm no prude but if somebody is going to peddle vulgarity it should be funny and clever.

If the vulgarity were between team members in a hockey locker room it would be okay. But this is a not a locker room. We do not know all each other.

It is lowbrow behavior. You do not know who is here. When you say this stuff, you might be saying it to someone's wife, or kid. You might be saying it to a deeply religious man who, if he were your neighbor, you would not want to offend.

It is not okay in Australia, and this not a drunken campfire at Sturgis. Or maybe it is. The admin seems okay with that.
Aw poor wittle boy. The world is full of twits who consider themselves to be morally superior to the rest of us, and therefore entitled to instruct everyone else how to speak, act, and behave. Call it what you want, it’s one person imposing their will on someone else. I am a free man with free speach. If you can’t handle that you best step away, cause i can assure you that the moment you start preaching YOUR code of ethics on me, youll find there is a lot more offensive material where the first came from.

As an Australian I'll stand up and state that its obvious that you don't have any idea whats okay in my country, but with all due respect let me inform you that your idea of vulgarity isnt considered such among adult Men where I come from; and I can assure you that real vulgarity IS taboo here among Women and Children and I for one dont participate in it.

"..... and accompanied by deliberate personal insults." Quote the personal insults if they exist.

I cant see where I've broken any of the Forums rules by anything I've written, and I had no idea the Forum was considered a Church environment by some individual members; if I have offended anyone with my comments then I'm happy to apologise; but like more than a few others I'm rather tired of easily offended individuals seeking out any opportunity to advance their politically correct crusade at each and every turn.

Last edited:
Years ago
It seems like there was
Interest in
Cereal over powder
I figured the purpose was to keep the
Powder protected from
Patch moisture
Haven't heard much about it
Lately
I use
Malto Meal

Jim in La Luz
😎

I see this discussion of lubing patches with body fluids can go down hill faster than a soapbox racer. A lot of my posts are marginal to the mods anyway, so im gonna quit while i can. Enjoy your rag sucking, chewing, spitting on , whatever. Just make sure you wash your hands before handling other peoples stuff. Wiping them on your buckskins just doesn’t cut it.😖

Still waiting on that!

In the entirety of my 67 years on this planet, I have never denied any man, or woman, their Constitutional right to free speech. I spent 3 years serving in the military so other people in my country could exercise their right to do as they pleased/say what they pleased/whenever they pleased.

While free speech in the United States is a fundamental right, anyone that has reached adulthood knows that along with the right to speak freely whatever words that you wish to exit your mouth; also comes a responsibility to exercise some prudence, and restraint depending upon what social, or legal circumstances that you might find yourself in.

This is a private internet forum. There are rules for a member's behavior as far as what topics are allowed to be discussed, as well as they type of language that is allowed during the discussions.

I find it extremely interesting, that over on our sister forum, Modern Muzzleloading, these types of Free Speach, name calling, pi**ing contests, seldom occur.

And, when they do occur, the vast majority of the members there jump in to comdem the bad behavior, for all of the parties involved.

Furthermore, the moderators step in far more quickly than they do here to quash it. In most, if not all cases, the offending posts are removed, and a PM sent to the offender(s) telling them to cease & desist, or risk suspension of privileges.

I know this for a fact because I have been guilty of infractions of the forum rules, usually due to straying over into politics.

I say it again. Any member that won't voluntarily stop mocking another member(s) when called out for language contrary to forum rules by other members, is nothing but an internet bully. Hiding behind the First Ammendment's right to Free Speach doesn't make one right.

Aw poor wittle boy. The world is full of twits who consider themselves to be morally superior to the rest of us, and therefore entitled to instruct everyone else how to speak, act, and behave. Call it what you want, it’s one person imposing their will on someone else. I am a free man with free speach. If you can’t handle that you best step away, cause i can assure you that the moment you start preaching YOUR code of ethics on me, youll find there is a lot more offensive material where the first came from.
Years ago
It seems like there was
Interest in
Cereal over powder
I figured the purpose was to keep the
Powder protected from
Patch moisture
Haven't heard much about it
Lately
I use
Malto Meal

Jim in La Luz
😎

Used to be used over here as well, but like many things seems to have dropped off, maybe people prefer to streamline things nowadays.

Still waiting on that!
In the entirety of my 67 years on this planet, I have never denied any man, or woman, their Constitutional right to free speech. I spent 3 years serving in the military so other people in my country could exercise their right to do as they pleased/say what they pleased/whenever they pleased.

While free speech in the United States is a fundamental right, anyone that has reached adulthood knows that along with the right to speak freely whatever words that you wish to exit your mouth; also comes a responsibility to exercise some prudence, and restraint depending upon what social, or legal circumstances that you might find yourself in.

This is a private internet forum. There are rules for a member's behavior as far as what topics are allowed to be discussed, as well as they type of language that is allowed during the discussions.

I find it extremely interesting, that over on our sister forum, Modern Muzzleloading, these types of Free Speach, name calling, pi**ing contests, seldom occur.

And, when they do occur, the vast majority of the members there jump in to comdem the bad behavior, for all of the parties involved.

Furthermore, the moderators step in far more quickly than they do here to quash it. In most, if not all cases, the offending posts are removed, and a PM sent to the offender(s) telling them to cease & desist, or risk suspension of privileges.

I know this for a fact because I have been guilty of infractions of the forum rules, usually due to straying over into politics.

I say it again. Any member that won't voluntarily stop mocking another member(s) when called out for language contrary to forum rules by other members, is nothing but an internet bully. Hiding behind the First Ammendment's right to Free Speach doesn't make one right.

Some good points sir, can you quote any reference where a ".....member that won't voluntarily stop mocking another member(s) when called out for language contrary to forum rules by other members"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back