• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Best way to pay with out paypal

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A cancelled check is proof the scammer got the money. It gives me means and motive to file a complaint with his local authorities. Depending on the amount they will be more or less willing to prosecute. Ditto postal authorities.
Correct. It does prove the scammer got the money but it doesn’t change the fact that you are scammed out of the amount you wrote the check for. Yes maybe the authorities will track them down and prosecute but probably not. If you had used a Credit Card you would be out nothing from a scammer but a check offers the buyer no real protection at all.

Okay My post office takes debit cards. Have used mine for.paying postage and for purchasing PO's.
Debit cards are not credit cards. They offer the buyer no protection from scammers. It’s just a way of paying cash without ever having to handle the money directly. If your Debit Card is compromised a theif could drain your account. It’s then up to you to prove to the banks satisfaction that someone else took the money. There are many articles out there about how dangerous using a debit card can be. I’ve never used one and never will. Credit cards are so much safer.

For serious gun buys from individuals that can't/won't take a CC, I've used guntab.com. Well worth the fee, simple to use, and both buyer and seller are protected. These days there are so many sellers and gun marketplaces to get what you want that dealing with inflexible sellers is no longer necessary.
Have you or anyone you know ever put a claim in with this service for a scam or bad sale? PayPal claims buyers are protected but in my experience you are not. It’s all talk. I’d be interested to know if the claims of protection guntab.com makes are really backed up. It would be nice to find a PayPal like service we could use that actually does what it claims and offers buyers and sellers confidence that a sale is safe and will not be scammed.

It has now become redundant........
crying.jpg

Debit cards are not credit cards. They offer the buyer no protection from scammers. It’s just a way of paying cash without ever having to handle the money directly. If your Debit Card is compromised a theif could drain your account. It’s then up to you to prove to the banks satisfaction that someone else took the money. There are many articles out there about how dangerous using a debit card can be. I’ve never used one and never will. Credit cards are so much safer.
I only use the debit card at food stores and automatic teller machines. NEVER EVER on line. And never in a gas pump or vending machine.

I only use the debit card at food stores and automatic teller machines. NEVER EVER on line. And never in a gas pump or vending machine.
Some recent information being circulated tells us it is best to use contactless payment for in store payment using your card if possible. Any information that can be obtained from contactless payment is insufficient to create a fraudulent card, according to Secure Technology Alliance. Most stores now offer a tap to pay option on their card readers, which works with many debit and credit cards. Just one new security feature to consider. Tap, don’t swipe whenever possible.

Some recent information being circulated tells us it is best to use contactless payment for in store payment using your card if possible. Any information that can be obtained from contactless payment is insufficient to create a fraudulent card, according to Secure Technology Alliance. Most stores now offer a tap to pay option on their card readers, which works with many debit and credit cards. Just one new security feature to consider. Tap, don’t swipe whenever possible.
I was going to insert my card at the grocery. Cashier grabbed it, tapped the machine and returned it. First I was really aware of the option.

I grew up in the days of the handshake was your word of bond and you I filled your word no matter what. Sadly, today is far different. Does Western Union give this buyer any protection?
You are correct about hand shakes. Today that is impossible. I hope to get to know enough the hand shake will be all needwd!

I just sold a few hard to find original S&W 422 mags on another forum. I told the other person, I was mailing them immediately, send me a check. I did not wait to get the check first. The check never arrived, and the buyer did not use "tracking" in order to save a few bucks! Mistake! I sent him a note, he said no problem, sent anther check this time with tracking. This one was also "delayed"/ lost! I sent in two search requests, they found the one with tracking, I rec'd it. The first one also came, three weeks after being mailed two States away! I cashed the one, destroyed the other, sent the buyer a note saying what I had done etc. Point is, we both operated on being honest and straight with each other. Of course, we are both in our 70's too!:dunno:

I neve use a debit card for anything. There is little to no protection using a debit card. You give a would be crook access to your account, and by that access to additional information they could use to clean you out. I use a credit card exclusively. if you pay off the card each month like I do, no interest ever and you are protected. IMHO

I neve use a debit card for anything. There is little to no protection using a debit card. You give a would be crook access to your account, and by that access to additional information they could use to clean you out. I use a credit card exclusively. if you pay off the card each month like I do, no interest ever and you are protected. IMHO
That's why I only use it at the supermarket and at bank machines. Have yet to hear of a supermarket chain or bank stealing from their customers' accounts.
Like you, I am what the credit card companies call a "transactor". I pay the bill in full every month and do not carry a revolving balance. But I just can not get used to buying groceries with a credit instrument.

That's why I only use it at the supermarket and at bank machines. Have yet to hear of a supermarket chain or bank stealing from their customers' accounts.
Like you, I am what the credit card companies call a "transactor". I pay the bill in full every month and do not carry a revolving balance. But I just can not get used to buying groceries with a credit instrument.
I saw on the news that Bank of America and citi Bank opened yesterday and people had lost everything in their accounts!
I am old and dumb enough to know just because it was on the news means Nada!!!

I had to tran myself to use a single card for everything i do, that gives me lots of points!! Not only do i not pay interest i get money back! So, yes, it takes some getting used too. About once a month i will use another credit card(have a few) and buy something for$ 20-30 dollars just to keep 'activity" on the card. That way they can't close it or up the rate because I am not using it!

Back