• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Best stock blank

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There are small outfits that specialize in fancy lumber. Groff Hardwoods here in Lancaster county comes to mind. But they do not do stock blanks,
You can buy a piece of wood after examination and pray for the best.
Take a spray bottle of water along it will help you see grain.
I do find that these guys want to be helpful. And they tend to have little stacks of wood you never even thought of.
Have a quartersawn sycamore countertop bought on a whim and it is one of the most gorgeous things in the home.
Bought a little scrap piece of olive wood for a buddy who wanted something spiffy for the dash of his boat. Spiffy it is.

What are you looking for? What wood? Blank or pre-carve?
personally i work with mostly blanks/planks. just how i swing. but the right pre carve shows up i will use it if i can.
i do like working with semi carved ie. no lock, barrel, trigger or Butt plate inlet. do enjoy it if the RR hole is drilled as long as it is straight. i have yet to drill one perfect. usable yes, but perfect? 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Back