• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Best place to buy parts?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

house

40 Cal.
Reaction score
I'm working on a stock that will resemble a TC Hawken and was wondering where the best place to buy furniture and locks for it would be? I am going to drop an Green Mountain replacement barrel in it. It is a 15/16 barrel also. Any help would be appreciated.

muzzleloader builder supply has a pile of parts, good a place to start as any.

I buy from many suppliers and always inquire if any items have to be back ordered...if so, I order from a co that has them in stock....if possible. Most often some co has the items.

Have tried to order some brass cast parts and evidently there's only one foundry supplying these parts and for some reason, they're not currently casting these parts so all the suppliers have them on back order. Bad situation.

On line catalogs are a blessing but some don't specify if the items are in stock......Fred

Recently purchased a mainspring and vise from Midway. Great service and very fast shipping. Definitely would recommend them.

I really like that TotW has their stock status listed online. I've also ordered from Stonewall Creek Outfitters, who had some parts that Track didn't, and they were very friendly.

Fred

About two months ago, a customer brought up just the cock from his late father's Original English Fowler. It was missing the top jaw and screw and he wanted reproduction replacements. I had the screw that worked and looked correct, but not the top jaw. I measured the bottom jaw and looked in TOTW's online catalog for something that would work. The fact they gave measurements on the sizes of the top jaws in the online catalog helped a lot. I ordered five different ones that seemed close or could be fit. I ordered them on Monday and they came in the mail on Friday. One fit almost perfectly with no fitting. The customer was ecstatic and now I have four top jaws for future use. (I never intended on returning the others, just keep them in stock for future use.)

Once again I am a very satisfied customer of TOTW.

Gus

I don't buy anything from them unless my regular sources are out of that part. They have
backordered parts on me sooooo many times, thus held me up on builds 4 dif. times..... :shake:

I am glad you are having good luck with them.

Keith Lisle

Latest posts

Back