• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Best Original Colt 1860

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's what my original 1862 looks like after 180+ years.
You won't find them much better than this

Attachments

• IMGP1030.JPG
    IMGP1030.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 3
you have a time machine?
I suspect the revolver was either a nightstand draw gun or a shopkeeper's.
I bought it at an auction last year and basically stole it. It's pristine no rust or pitting anywhere on it, including the barrel and chambers.
According to the Ser#, it was made in 1864.
And no I don't have a time machine... ;)

Another Survivor.
My 6.5" 1862 Colt was made in 1865, a scaled down 1860.
Both the 62 Colt & 58 Remington revolvers I have of the same era have similar deep bluing
with an almost iridescent appearance.
Relic shooter

Attachments

• 1862 Colt policeimage1.jpeg
    1862 Colt policeimage1.jpeg
    140.5 KB · Views: 0
  • !862 Colt Police IMG_1665.jpg
    !862 Colt Police IMG_1665.jpg
    171.3 KB · Views: 0
You would be amazed at how many superb condition pistols still exist in collections. Some of the trophy show exhibits I have seen have some gorgeous original percussion revolvers.
Check out the huge collection of beautiful firearms in the NRA Museum in Cody, Wyoming :ghostly:
Relic shooter

I can see how a boxed set might be over priced by some shop keeper and simply not move off the shelf.. then along comes cartridge pistols and it really ain't moving. eventually it got picked up by someone who appreciated the collector value...

I can see how a boxed set might be over priced by some shop keeper and simply not move off the shelf.. then along comes cartridge pistols and it really ain't moving. eventually it got picked up by someone who appreciated the collector value...
Add to that the low serial number and we may be looking at a pistol which was given to some one who would never fire it. CEO of a mid size company, politician… like that…

Latest posts

Back